DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

If Briscoe flapped his arms as the crowd chanted like a chicken for him, I'd totally be behind that

It's this kind of support that a solid champion needs!

Who else do they have on the roster that's been there since day one (well, technically, what, day three)?  Reward that man with what he deserves ... I could buy him as an "everyman" champion.  More than his brother, actually.

I think my ultimate goal is a "Why Not Chicken?" chant to break out on the next ROH show ...

... hmm ... ok, I think it's out of my system now ...  man, I do *not* do sleepless nights well at all ...

• Like 1

I'm shocked there are folks who have no issue with the IWGP champion doing a job on a PWG show. The second most important champion in the world should not be dropping falls in front of 400 people in California.

Bad news about Silas Young going on the injured list. His pro-bullying promos the last few weeks have been great.

I'm shocked there are folks who have no issue with the IWGP champion doing a job on a PWG show. The second most important champion in the world should not be dropping falls in front of 400 people in California.

Bad news about Silas Young going on the injured list. His pro-bullying promos the last few weeks have been great.

He lost by DQ...like the only DQ in PWG history

and once again, who cares?

I'm one of those 400 people in the crowd at those PWG shows and thus I feel entitled enough to believe that AJ Styles should do a job for me to enhance my viewing experience.

I also reserve the right to completely forget about the result of that match and AJ's existence on the card as soon as one of the Young Bucks does a superkick in the very next match.

• Like 4

If PWG has only had one DQ in their history, either they are not running enough cards or *imagine Jim Ross grumpy ass voice* they are not enforcing enough of the rules of professional wrestling.

There are rumblings (oh yes!!!!) That ACH is in big shit with the office for missing his flight to Canada. That's too bad, he's a good fit for ROH.

I really like Silas' character and promos.  I even like that he looks like Bill Cowher (I'm a Steeler fan).

Then he wrestles.  And does flippy stuff.  And I like him less.

The Pee Gee Waja Plunge may be my least favorite finisher right now.  Only thing I can think of that I like less is Santino's Cobra, but he mercifully retired.

I really like Silas' character and promos.  I even like that he looks like Bill Cowher (I'm a Steeler fan).

I have always thought that.  It freaks me out how much he looks like Cowher.  Maybe they can find a Mike Tomlin lookalike to manage him (his gimmick is that he tries to trip his opponents as they run the ropes). 

• Like 2

His finisher should be the Face Punch.

I was thinking last night that Silas could probably pull off a Ronnie Garvin gimmick and just use a punch as a finisher.

For the "Last real man in wrestling" gimmick, I'd like to see him stick with something simple and old school: piledriver, punch, lariat, etc.

He lost by DQ...like the only DQ in PWG history

and once again, who cares?

Apparently, marks for Japan care a lot.  Everything in wrestling is phony, it's all just business and nothing matters in 2014...except the main title from the magical land of hentai and ritual ball washing.

• Like 1

Apparently, marks for Japan care a lot.  Everything in wrestling is phony, it's all just business and nothing matters in 2014...except the main title from the magical land of hentai and ritual ball washing.

Common sense and fanboy-ism are two different things. AJ Styles losing to Roderick Strong is on the net in a matter of minutes. Shortly afterwards it'll reach the japanese online fanbase and from then on it could easily reach something more accessible like say Tokyo Sports. But it seems you'd rather troll than think and provide arguments.

Common sense and fanboy-ism are two different things. AJ Styles losing to Roderick Strong is on the net in a matter of minutes. Shortly afterwards it'll reach the japanese online fanbase and from then on it could easily reach something more accessible like say Tokyo Sports. But it seems you'd rather troll than think and provide arguments.

I'm still waiting for ReDragon losing to The Time Splitters to reach ESPN.

• Like 1

I have always thought that.  It freaks me out how much he looks like Cowher.  Maybe they can find a Mike Tomlin lookalike to manage him (his gimmick is that he tries to trip his opponents as they run the ropes). 

miketomlin.jpg

Buddy, I'm not trolling.  I just don't see it.  Not everyone who disagrees with you is trolling.  Come on, man.

If that's the concern, that fans in japan are giant marks who will lose their shit over a their champ jobbing, then I guess that's cool.  I give them more credit than that, though.  I think a lot of the issue here is smart mark American fans who take Japan too seriously.

Buddy, I'm not trolling.  I just don't see it.  Not everyone who disagrees with you is trolling.  Come on, man.

It's 2014 and your posts consist of "mark, mark, mark, weeboo, japanhentai & UMAD". Come on.

If that's the concern, that fans in japan are giant marks who will lose their shit over a their champ jobbing, then I guess that's cool.  I give them more credit than that, though.  I think a lot of the issue here is smart mark American fans who take Japan too seriously.

I doubt anyone's gonna get mad about it. It's just that pro-wres is viewed much more like a sport over there and AJ jobbing will make him look weaker and devalue him as a champion. Less value in AJ's championship reigns means less anticipation about his dethronement and ultimately may result in New Japan making less money than it would've if they properly protected AJ. That may not be the case, but why would New Japan risk anything at all?

• Like 1

So they signed him with a deal where he only works PPVs (aside from G1) and it's expected he wrestles full time everywhere else and never loses? Not even by DQ? On a show that wont ever see the light of day aside from DVD releases?

Tell me more about the people in Japan who are anxiously awaiting their PWG DVDs