DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

It's already been said but, god damn, Kelly and Corino are awful.  They had an exchange where they discussed Bennett crying over almost breaking Whitmer's neck.  How fucking dumb.  The guy is a heel.  He is not supposed to be remorseful.  Unless a face turn was coming (like Nikita crying for Magnum T.A.), what was that exchange supposed to accomplish?

It's already been said but, god damn, Kelly and Corino are awful.  They had an exchange where they discussed Bennett crying over almost breaking Whitmer's neck.  How fucking dumb.  The guy is a heel.  He is not supposed to be remorseful.  Unless a face turn was coming (like Nikita crying for Magnum T.A.), what was that exchange supposed to accomplish?

To be fair, the storyline was at least initially that Bennett was upset over almost breaking Whitmer's neck; so it's the booking that's the problem, not the announcing.

And I haven't seen it, but it's also possible Bennett was legit crying after the move, which would've made it harder for the story to be "Bennett was happy he paralyzed the guy"

With Bennett I think the story was that at first he felt remorse but then he liked the power it gave him or something. I know he started using it as a finisher and then had a match with Steen

but still Kelly on commentary is at his worst when Bennett is on screen. He wants so bad to defend him because for whatever reason people hate him. I think he's decent but when you constantly talk about people hating a HEEL for no reason and then taking shots at the fans that don't like him (talking about him getting into NJPW and saying "take that" to the fans). I mean I understand that's your buddy  but just do your fucking job please and dont suck him off

Elgin was at St. Louis Anarchy last Friday and didn't mention ROH at all in his mic time.

He's scheduled for Dynamo Pro in Glen Carbon this coming Saturday(vs. Jeremy Wyatt) and High Risk Wrestling in Belleville on Sunday(vs. Uhaa Nation).

Have heard so many different accounts on the Elgin situation; it's hard to separate fact from speculation.

http://twitter.com/ROHMichaelElgin/status/519253064398548992

Elgin quits ROH via Twitter... probably a work, but it's still news.

Elgin issued a starement via his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/notes/michael-elgin/a-little-insight/10152746472968486

A little insight.

October 7, 2014 at 10:15am

I first want to say thank you to all the supporters out there, it has been my pleasure to perform for you.

I want to admit the quitting on twitter is a little childish but I don't want to be advertised for a show I won't be a part of.

I will give kudos to ROH for rushing to get me back home, for that I am grateful. I had numerous conversations with the company about all situations that have occurred and told them my stance. I was trying to be business minded and was trying to reach a full understanding that would allow both parties to move forward. Nothing was agreed upon and instead of trying to reach an agreement they announced me for this weekends upcoming shows.

I would not have taken to twitter in this matter as I have held my tongue this entire time. I feel everything that has went down is between the parties involved and no one else. In all that I just don't want to have people thinking I'll be somewhere I won't be.

I love professional wrestling, i have given almost 14 years to it and wouldn't change it for the world. It's my passion and what has drove me to become the man I am today. I love and respect Professional wrestling with the upmost regard. Thank you for supporting it and please continue to do so.

but still Kelly on commentary is at his worst when Bennett is on screen. He wants so bad to defend him because for whatever reason people hate him. I think he's decent but when you constantly talk about people hating a HEEL for no reason and then taking shots at the fans that don't like him (talking about him getting into NJPW and saying "take that" to the fans). I mean I understand that's your buddy  but just do your fucking job please and dont suck him off

I remember a time on TV when Kelly(I think) all but said that the people who hate Bennett are just jealous that he's with Maria.

It's stuff like this that just makes me apathetic toward 99% of the people in wrestling nowadays.

I assume it was the heel commentator who said everybody hates Bennett because of Maria, which is something a heel commentator should be saying.

I was just pissed Bennett didn't try and use the Anaconda Vice this week. Kevin Kelly losing his mind whenever he does that is the only reason to keep Kevin Kelly on the show.

Morgan had no presence despite being so massively tall and built.

Sometimes I have difficulty figuring out whether Cornette (and JR) has been consumed by his gimmick or if he's working the fans on a level we've seen very few people reach like Pillman.

Morgan probably could have learnt the physical intimidation stuff from the right people. Mean Mark Callous wasn't that intimidating.

Ken Doane was a good call by Corny, it just didn't really pan out because he was given too much too soon. WWE now has a policy of not putting people on the main roster before they're at least 21 - this is apparently why Paige wasn't called up sooner.

Ken Doane is still only 28!

Very little of the ROH stuff he talks about relates to booking anyway, it's more about the PPV fuckups than anything else.

Very little of the ROH stuff he talks about relates to booking anyway, it's more about the PPV fuckups than anything else.

It's a whole lot of "It's everyone's fault but mine! And fuck Republicans, because they have something to do with this, I guess."

• Like 1