DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

The company has had a lot of good years since but I still feel like they lost something when they started booking mostly ROH guys and turning every show into "indy dream match"

That's PWG entire appeal. Would be immensely silly to deviate from that.

Pretty much this. Since Gabe left ROH and now that Evolve/ROH cant share talent PWG is the only "name" place where these matches can happen. There have been some fun stories/feuds over the last couple years like Bucks feuding with ref Knox but it's much harder when they run like 10 shows a year now

Strong works both. Bucks have worked both at the same time.

Where was that show taped, because the look is quite awesome.

Turner Hall in downtown Milwaukee. It is more of a concert venue for bands who cannot fill up The Bradley Center or The Rave/Eagle's Ballroom.

It was legitimately standing room only during the last show. However, I don't know if ROH is big enough to move up to a place like The Rave, which once hosted an ECW PPV.

The company has had a lot of good years since but I still feel like they lost something when they started booking mostly ROH guys and turning every show into "indy dream match"

That's PWG entire appeal. Would be immensely silly to deviate from that.

Pretty much this. Since Gabe left ROH and now that Evolve/ROH cant share talent PWG is the only "name" place where these matches can happen. There have been some fun stories/feuds over the last couple years like Bucks feuding with ref Knox but it's much harder when they run like 10 shows a year now

Strong works both. Bucks have worked both at the same time.

Neither are under ROH contract hence why they can also work for Gabe.

I haven't watched ROH since Generico left but I decided to watch this weeks cause of AJ and the Young Bucks. Really enjoyed both matches. AJ/Oreilly really picked up towards the end. I want to dislike the Briscoes since Jay is such a awful man but they were awesome in that Bucks match. Crazy bastards.

One question though: Why is streamers in wrestling still a thing? Just seems so wasteful and a pain to clean up. Do they even still do it in Japan?

I can't be the only one who thinks the Corino & Kelly as announcing team is really shitty.   Granted Eligin vs Silas Young wasn't the most exciting title match but there were way many times when it seemed that these two couldn't care less about the product.   I think Kevin Kelly and Caprice Coleman is a much better team and luckily have been put in the better matches

I couldn't figure out when Daniels & Kazarian was called "The Addiction" but that promo was a great explanation. 

It must have been balls hot in that building because everyone in that main event include Sinclair was sweating like pigs and struggling getting air.  

I don't know, Kelly is really bad. But Corino can be unbearable at times. I particularly remember him being awful at Global Wars. Just would not shut up with constant unfunny jokes and took away from some of the matches. He would sprinkle in some New Japan trivia here and there but it was still terrible.

• Like 1

I don't watch too much recent ROH, but from what I've seen Coleman wasn't the best or anything but at least he would put over the talent, give the match his full attention and and not make lame jokes to get himself over and take away from the match. Corino, for all the hype he got as a great mic man back in the day, not only doesn't do all of the above but also stumbles over his words like a drunk way too much.

ROH TV just started on WJLA here in the DC market, and as bad as the show has looked to me in digital form, it looks even worse on TV. Maria's ass barely has a chance to shine for goodness sake.

3e8ddf354350185.jpg

I dunno man, looks pretty shiny ... dat heinie ...

Apparently Mike Bennett when he spears his opponent he sings Edge's entrance song.  Probably the coolest thing he has ever done unfortunately. 

How far behind is the TV to the real product.  I mean Jay Briscoe won the belt at least 3 weeks ago and it seems like whole Chiampa beating the crap out of bobby Cruise happened months ago.  In today's wrestling that is beyond stupid.    By the way the Chiampa insane gimmick seems really forced and phony.  

Impressed by the Hanson guy being it is the first time I saw him.   Comes off a lot like Mike Knox only quicker and maybe thicker.   

Went to the Wheeling taping last night. Great time. Styles/Sydal was very good but I think Cole/Alexander may have been even better. If you see anyone in front row with a Gorilla Monsoon shirt, that's me.

I left the tapings in Wheeling feeling the same way. Styles and Sydal was exactly what I thought it would be, but Cole and Alexander really blew me away. I had not watched ROH in years, but went to the Wheeling tapings with my friends for a bachelor party. I was vaguely familiar with both Cole and Alexander, but I definitely did not expect the excellent match the two men put on. Definitely recommended viewing. Any idea what night it will be on?

I really liked the execution of the Ciampa angle except for the fact that like 37 people were on the scene almost immediately the moment he snatched up Kevin Kelly and NO ONE was anywhere to be found moments later when he spent nearly a full minute assaulting Bobby Cruise.