DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

I don't know where else to really post this:

Source: Pwinsider.com

EVOLVE and Dragon Gate USA have been quiet as of late because Sal Hamaoui has been focused on getting WWNLive’s Roku channel up and running. Hamaoui has been spending a lot of time and money with developers trying to get the channel up, and recently scrapped everything so he could begin working with a Danish company that has been rebuilding the system from scratch. That company has been taking every event promoted with WWNLine including FIP, DGUSA, EVOLVE and SHINE and creating new, higher-quality video films that would be in compliance with Roku’s requirements and work across different internet feeds.

The channel, when it launches, will include VOD for Kayfabe Commentaries, EVOLVE, SHIMMER, SHINE, Combat Zone Wrestling, FIP and Dragon Gate USA events along with live streaming events from those companies affiliated with WWNLive. It will also include a 12 to 14 hours of streaming content termed “WWN 24/7″ that will be available for free, including a talk show discussing the week in wrestling and TV shows from promotions that wish to make their shows available for free.

There will also be a subscription area that will cost $14.95 per month and include exclusive content as well as free VOD replays of WWNLive.com events for several weeks after they stream live. The channel is in the beta testing phase and may launch sometime this summer.

Yeah the triple powerbomb at the end was something that I wasn't a big fan of one because of the leg and two by the third one the impact of the big win was kind of gone.

Agreed on both counts. I liked the main event until they decided to work the leg for a minute and then all of a sudden it was okay a minute after that. That kind of shit wasn't anywhere near as commonplace in ROH main events until the Danielson/Nigel era ended.

I know that they'll go with any sponsors they can get, but I just saw Adam Cole and the Briscoes tell us to stay tuned for an ad from SuperBetterProstate.  Yeah...

Really enjoyed this week's ROH TV.  It was a documentary-type piece about Elgin and it made him sound like a really big deal.  Was cool seeing some of the past matches.

I know that they'll go with any sponsors they can get, but I just saw Adam Cole and the Briscoes tell us to stay tuned for an ad from SuperBetterProstate.  Yeah...

Like we're going to believe the Briscoes care about the health of their prostate.   Or know what the prostate is.

I imagine a Briscoe brother getting a prostate exam would be something like the Family Guy episode where Peter got one and then sued his doctor for violating him sexually.

• Like 2

Really enjoyed this week's ROH TV.  It was a documentary-type piece about Elgin and it made him sound like a really big deal.  Was cool seeing some of the past matches.

They had one on Cole before Final Battle that was really great too documenting his heel turn and some other stuff like his match with O'reilly

Like we're going to believe the Briscoes care about the health of their prostate.   Or know what the prostate is.

I imagine a Briscoe brother getting a prostate exam would be something like the Family Guy episode where Peter got one and then sued his doctor for violating him sexually.

The worst part would be the tweets afterward, which cause HHH to wipe his forehead and think "Boy, we sure dodged a bullet."

Why did TNA never try to sign the Briscoes? I k now they had a few matches in the early early days of TNA. But in 06-07 when they were at their peak of tag wrestling why didnt they bring them in? Briscoes vs LAX couldve been money.

• Like 1

They really could have been a good act in WWE especially the last couple years where the WWE started caring about factions and tag teams again. It's a shame Jay has to be such an ignorant bigot and be oh so proud of it. 

I know that they'll go with any sponsors they can get, but I just saw Adam Cole and the Briscoes tell us to stay tuned for an ad from SuperBetterProstate. Yeah...

Like we're going to believe the Briscoes care about the health of their prostate. Or know what the prostate is.

I could imagine the physician explaining to them what the prostate exam actually involves, to have one of them - Chicken, that's the one I'm thinking of specifically - jest a'gigglin'.

Is the WWE contract real, or just a rumor?

Why wouldn't it be real?

Well, has Steen or anyone credible confirmed it?  I've heard that the E was signing him.  I also heard that that was a false rumor and the couple sites I've seen that "confirmed" the signing seem kinda shaky.  I've also seen an article about the signing that credited Meltzer even though the article never appeared in any form on Meltzer's site.

I know a few months ago I think after the NJPW shows when discussing his contract Dave said Steen expects himself to be in WWE by the end of the Summer and he's been doing more than just hinting at leaving ROH for pretty much 6 months now and I can't see him leaving wrestling in it's entirety at this point.

Is the WWE contract real, or just a rumor?

Why wouldn't it be real?

Well, has Steen or anyone credible confirmed it?  I've heard that the E was signing him.  I also heard that that was a false rumor and the couple sites I've seen that "confirmed" the signing seem kinda shaky.  I've also seen an article about the signing that credited Meltzer even though the article never appeared in any form on Meltzer's site.

I don't know what confirmed means when it comes to NXT signings.

It is the worst kept secret in Indy Wrestling. He has been giving goodbye promos everywhere.