DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

One thing that annoyed me was the narrator suddenly switching from a man to a woman during the Elgin video package right before the main event. That seemed low rent and amateurish. 

Elgin without a mullet will take some getting used to.

It was Larry Mercer and Mandy Leon. Mercer was absolutely fine. Leon can read and memorize things, but her delivery is wooden as hell.

I like how a lot of the reviews for the show have mentioned that there was a lot of good wrestling, but there was not that blow away moment or blow away match that would make ROH stand apart from WWE or TNA. I think people forget that ROH is just not capable of that in 2014 with the current crop of talent they have, or that's what I've taken from the few clips I've seen here and there.

Also, I think ROH knows that it basically has to outlast TNA's bankruptcy to overtake TNA, and this show was probably light years ahead of most of what TNA has put out in recent months.

EDIT: "Bits of Stuffing Instead of Potatoes?" What the hell did I type to get such a weird autocorrect?

You're right. The problem in my opinion with ROH is two-fold.

One, the core of the promotion isn;t young guys anymores, but guys who have been around for 10+ years and either haven't been picked up by WWE/TNA or were discarded by them: Briscoes, Roderick, Jimmy Jacobs, BJ Whitmer, Daniels, Kazarian, Matt Hardy, Jay Lethal. Go back to the summer of 2005 and all but one or two of these guys are on every show and not many of them are doing anything different today.

Two, ROH used to be the place where you could see the top talent on the Indies and that's not the case anymore. Gargano, Richochet, AR Fox, the list goes on and I'm not saying that these guys are or are not better than the ROH roster, but they are some of the top names on the Indies and haven't been to ROH. The Evolve/DGUSA formation really hurt ROH in my eyes especially considering Gabe's best quality is his ability to find young talent that's going to be something.

I feel like that's probably the only real framistan we have nowadays, but it's always in place to make people think we still have more

It shows you how little I posted in the wrestling sections of past boards, and I have been posting here for nearly ten years. Go figure.

There were a few other framistans that always made me laugh. I remember when "jump the shark" was replaced with "sex with grandma" for a while. I also have no recollection what it was replacing, but there was a period where a ton of posts had "BOP SHE BOP SHE BOP" in them. 

• Like 1

There were a few other framistans that always made me laugh. I remember when "jump the shark" was replaced with "sex with grandma" for a while. I also have no recollection what it was replacing, but there was a period where a ton of posts had "BOP SHE BOP SHE BOP" in them.

I think that one was for " pure sports build "
  • Like 1

I think that one was for " pure sports build "

It was. 

What was "humped your mom" a framistan for?  I remember that one popping up a lot for awhile.