DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

12 hours ago, Victator said:

I can empathize with someone having mental health issues. But I know as low as I have been (and I have been pretty low), I never thought of doing something that would hurt other people. 

You know depression is a strange beast. At the risk of giving some jerk fodder to use. Years ago I was near my lowest point, I ended up seeking help two months later. But one of the worst thoughts I had was walking in traffic. The thing that stopped me was fear of ruining some motorists day. Depression logic does not consider my sisters and nephews would be at least a little upset. But I worried about a theoretical stranger. 

I hope Jason is at the very least committed for 72 hours because a healthy person does not do that. 

You've got my support, man. I won't be that guy using mental illness for comedy fodder. Mental illness and cancer are off limits for me. I've discussed my mental health issues on here before, so I'll spare the rest of the board by going into it again.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Victator said:

I can empathize with someone having mental health issues. But I know as low as I have been (and I have been pretty low), I never thought of doing something that would hurt other people. 

You know depression is a strange beast. At the risk of giving some jerk fodder to use. Years ago I was near my lowest point, I ended up seeking help two months later. But one of the worst thoughts I had was walking in traffic. The thing that stopped me was fear of ruining some motorists day. Depression logic does not consider my sisters and nephews would be at least a little upset. But I worried about a theoretical stranger. 

I hope Jason is at the very least committed for 72 hours because a healthy person does not do that. 

27 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You've got my support, man. I won't be that guy using mental illness for comedy fodder. Mental illness and cancer are off limits for me. I've discussed my mental health issues on here before, so I'll spare the rest of the board by going into it again.

With you guys!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

I tell them apart by them being totally different people...

Now on the other hand:

Jimmy= Naojim
Jey= Jey-no-mi (no Naomi)

Even knowing that an Uso is married to Naomi doesn't help me. They're like trying to tell the Conquistadors or the Texas Hangmen apart.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

At first it was difficult to tell the Usos apart when they were first on TV.  But I'd say it wasn't until a few months before they went heel that I was finally able to tell apart.  In their current gear it's quite easy now to know who's Jey and who's Jimmy.

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

Dude, you aren't alone. I know Bayley isn't everyone's cup of tea here, but I tend to like Bayley a ton. Dakota Kai comes off as bootleg Bayley.

Kai would have been way better if she turned heel and became Shayna's version of Reek.

I like Kai a decent bit, but I was so disappointed she didn't become Shayna's damaged lackey.

• Like 3

I like Dakota Kai. I can see some similarities between her and Bayley. I hope she gets to develop her own personality rather than being pigeonholed as Bayley #2. It's like when the Menudo kids would get too old, they would get replaced by a younger Puerto Rican kid.

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Holy shit.  I hate to say it but that's how I remember them as well.

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Guilty.

Guilty you say?

Spoiler

Fun factoid, I'm from the same town as Matt Pinfield: East Brunswick, New Jersey. His parents house was around the corner from my grandmother's house. My mom was a senior in high school when he was a freshman.

Quick thought/question: one of the big things about the Evolution show is the idea that the women's matches are of a comparable quality to the men. Knowing that why is WWE booking matches on this show that probably won't be very good? Shouldn't the goal be to have a blow away show that everyone raves about, not a steady diet of **1/4 matches?

15 minutes ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

Shouldn't that be the goal of every wrestling show?

Why are women held at a higher standard than men?  It's still men booking the matches.

The problem is that this isn't just some random show, more than anything hitting a home run here would be huge. This is like when UFC headlined a show with Rousey and Caramouche and it was such a gigantic success it made the women's division in UFC in one night. I WANT them to put on a kick ass show to make the women's division and women's wrestling in general much bigger than it is right now. I want a situation where the women are so popular that they routinely headline standard WWE big shows.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2018 at 2:24 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Crossposting from the Lucha thread because it's just too funny. This was at Triplemania this weekend:

It is pretty goddamn funny, but I've seen lots of folks running down the idea that his music should play. In defense of that idea, the crowd pops when it starts, so it would appear that he had the right idea. Doesn't make it any less funny, especially with Striker trying to cover for him.

3 hours ago, sabremike said:

Quick thought/question: one of the big things about the Evolution show is the idea that the women's matches are of a comparable quality to the men. Knowing that why is WWE booking matches on this show that probably won't be very good? Shouldn't the goal be to have a blow away show that everyone raves about, not a steady diet of **1/4 matches?

Aside from Trish/Alexa what is officially booked for the show? That isn't a strong match, but its a big name female legend taking on the person who is most compared to her today. It makes sense on a show like this regardless of not being a strong quality match. One of the other likely matches will be Becky vs. Charlotte for the SDL Women's Title which has definite high potential. Won't say what it is, but the final of MYC definitely has high level potential as well. Nothing else is even strongly rumored at this point.

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Even knowing that an Uso is married to Naomi doesn't help me. They're like trying to tell the Conquistadors or the Texas Hangmen apart.

This is where watching Total Divas with my wife pays off.  Trinity(Naomi) is married to John(Jimmy), so Naomi's husband is Jimmy John.   His face is fuller, Jey's face is thinner.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gatling said:

This is where watching Total Divas with my wife pays off.  Trinity(Naomi) is married to John(Jimmy), so Naomi's husband is Jimmy John.   His face is fuller, Jey's face is thinner.  

So, the key is to have a wife to watch Total Divas with. I came close once, but it all fell apart...very badly.