DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 TV THREAD

RIPPA

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Fix

This is the TV show totally not based on OJ Simpson even if it is co-written and Executive Produced by Marcia Clark

I saw they added Marcia Clark to First 48 or a spin off of the show and it felt like I fell into a time warp. Then, I saw the news of her getting this show.

I blame Sarah Paulson for this.

19 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I honestly thought Lauren Cohan was still a regular on Walking Dead.  I guess she was eaten.

(Not surprisingly, the last time I actually watched TWD was season 1)

She's been a season regular since Season 2. She might be leaving after the first half of Season 9, though, apparently.

Just got caught up on this season of the Expanse -- holy shit this is Game of Thrones in Space.  This season has been brilliant.  How fucking dumb is it to cancel this?  Best show on TV. 

I'm signing petitions. I'm calling my senator.

18 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Just got caught up on this season of the Expanse -- holy shit this is Game of Thrones in Space.  This season has been brilliant. 

I've said this for two seasons, going on three. 

It will be a pity if the series is cancelled before they get to the story in the later novels that really goes to the heart of the protomolecule stuff.

I liked Season one and two, but the momentum in season three is excruciating.  This last episode was so stressful!  It's been a while even on GoT that I've felt like this.  I've only read the first book after the first season, and I'm still dying for more of this stuff.  What is the likelihood it actually gets picked up?  I love this cast, I love the look of the show.  And despite most of the tech (and protomolecule) being preposterous, it still seems grounded in some kind of reality.  They better find a home for this show or I will call my senator. 

For some reason Nathan Fillons’ acting in The Rookie trailer reminds me of John Cena.

The Passage looks okish. Gosselaars acting is awfully wooden however.

I’ll definitely give Whiskey Cavalier a chance. 

CBS FALL 2018-2019 SCHEDULE
(N=New, NTP=New Time Period)

All Times ET/PT

MONDAY
8:00-8:30 PM THE NEIGHBORHOOD (N)
8:30-9:00 PM HAPPY TOGETHER (N)
9:00-10:00 PM MAGNUM P.I. (N)
10:00-11:00 PM BULL (NTP)

TUESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM NCIS
9:00-10:00 PM FBI (N)
10:00-11:00 PM NCIS: NEW ORLEANS

WEDNESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR
9:00-10:00 PM SEAL TEAM
10:00-11:00 PM CRIMINAL MINDS

THURSDAY
8:00-8:30 PM THE BIG BANG THEORY
8:30-9:00 PM YOUNG SHELDON
9:00-9:30 PM MOM
9:30-10:00 PM MURPHY BROWN (NTP)
10:00-11:00 PM S.W.A.T.

FRIDAY
8:00-9:00 PM MACGYVER
9:00-10:00 PM HAWAII FIVE-0
10:00-11:00 PM BLUE BLOODS

SATURDAY
8:00-9:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY
9:00-10:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY
10:00-11:00 PM 48 HOURS

SUNDAY
7:00-8:00 PM 60 MINUTES
8:00-9:00 PM GOD FRIENDED ME (N)
9:00-10:00 PM NCIS: LOS ANGELES
10:00-11:00 PM MADAM SECRETARY

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Missing from the Murphy brown teaser is her kid, a teen now ? 

No, he's a fully grown adult.  And he's the conservative anchor of the show that is on at the same time she's on.

On 5/15/2018 at 11:04 AM, J.T. said:

Sinbad is involved so I will at least watch the pilot.

I just watched the trailer and boy....the nicest thing I can say is at least Sinbad is working again.

The thing with Lil Rel is his standup is 75% based off living in Chicago and he can be a strong supporting character in a sitcom or comedy film.

When they were trying to reboot In Living Color, he was one of the few names I was pretty familiar. I was suspected he was probably expected to carry it. It was not a surprise the reboot didn't make it to air.

15 hours ago, (BP) said:

This confirms that I'm going to spend the rest of my life screaming Just make a fucking Batman tv show!

https://www.google.com/amp/collider.com/alfred-pennyworth-tv-show-epix/amp/

I just have so little trust in a good Batman tv show. On on the other hand I'm all for a show focused on Alfred before he became a butler.

• Like 1