DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013-14: OFFSEASON THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

From a Posnanski article on great calls. Posted just cause it made me laugh.

Someone needs to make a gif of the back and forth replay they showed of Rivera trying to round second. Just poor Ruben Rivera stuck in an Infinite Loop around the base.

It would be heart-breakingly Sisphean.

From a Posnanski article on great calls. Posted just cause it made me laugh.

Someone needs to make a gif of the back and forth replay they showed of Rivera trying to round second. Just poor Ruben Rivera stuck in an Infinite Loop around the base.

It would be heart-breakingly Sisphean.

Jon Miller, like the Krukow/Kuiper tandem, is an asset to the Giants when they're bad as well as when they're good.

"And that was the worst baserunning in the history of the game" / "the worst baserunning you will ever see" is a sound clip that still makes the rounds on KNBR as a legendary audio drop.

I'll always be a Leyland fan because he's a cool guy and he managed the Pirates when I first got into baseball but talk about someone who accomplished the least with the most. He had a veritable All-Star team in Pittsburgh highlighted by the best player of his generation and couldn't get out of the NLCS in three tries. Now he's in Detroit with a team that has arguably the game's best hitter and best #1-#2 starters but has two ALCS losses and a WS sweep to show for it.  

If he only had a bullpen, a solid closer and/or a decent reliever two, who knows what he would've accomplished. He's the baseball equivalent of the saying "For Want of A Nail."

It would be swell if the Tigers gave Alan Trammell another shot

Why do that when Dusty Baker is right there in the waiting?

Might as well - we've got some power arms he can destroy.

Great news for any SF Giants fans~! 

The cherry on top of a San Francisco Giants shit sundae this fall is news that Kanye West and Kim Kardashian were engaged Monday night at AT&T Park, E! reports. West rented out the stadium and proposed in front of friends, family, and likely, the entire Keeping Up With The Kardashians kamera krew.