DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

13 hours ago, (BP) said:

The weird thing is Kane was more based on Michael Myers initially. I remember a write-up in WWF Magazine before his debut that literally made the comparison, and he regularly did the Michael confused dog head tilt the first few years. 

I'd say Myers and Jason where at one point pretty much blended into one when it comes to mannerisms. They both had the sit-up and the head tilt. The mask looked more like Myers, the one messed up I seemed to reference Jason. Original Kane's slow, violent stoicism seemed closer to Myers, the origin with "presumed death by element" and manical parent unleashing and commanding him was more Jason-esque.

18 hours ago, odessasteps said:

This is one of those "yes, you're right, but you're still an asshole" situations.

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per PWI - the WWE is filming Ultimate Deletion at the Hardy Compound Today

I hope they've got Borash helping out and Dunn is at least 3 states away

16 hours ago, (BP) said:

Fixed

Jason takes a Boat and Spends 5 Minutes in Manhattan

7 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Oh man, if we are going into 'guilty pleasure' films can I talk about casting for a "Quick and the Dead" remake starring wrestlers?

I love Quick and the Dead.  And it will help you win any "6 degrees" contest because there are so fucking many name actors in it.

8 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Oh man, if we are going into 'guilty pleasure' films can I talk about casting for a "Quick and the Dead" remake starring wrestlers?

I still wish WWE films had remade Cannonball Run starring wrestlers when the studio opened. Santino in a car would've been aces

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

You honestly couldn't make up this shambles regarding the "Reigns steroids" fiasco. Did Johnny Bravo ever use the word "Roman" in his statements, because if this was intentional, it's the most hilarious hustle ever

He did the monkey! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can we make Matt run a monster wrestler March Madness for even teasing it?  I have so much to say about the Jason the Terrible vs New Jason the Terrible feud, you guys.

Like seriously the name Roy the Terrible was right there.

W*ING block, Mexico block of 128 horror themed luchadors, 32 of which are evil/monster clowns currently on the AAA roster , no WWE allowed because Undertaker would just win everything because yes, you should count The Undertaker

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, (BP) said:

The important thing is this guy wasn't Roman's drug dealer. Which means Roman's drug dealer is still out there nobly servicing the Miami metro area. 

This is the best comment ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Can we make Matt run a monster wrestler March Madness for even teasing it?  I have so much to say about the Jason the Terrible vs New Jason the Terrible feud, you guys.

W*ING block, Mexico block of 128 horror themed luchadors, 32 of which are evil/monster clowns currently on the AAA roster , no WWE allowed because Undertaker would just win everything because yes, you should count The Undertaker

Could we open it up to any gimmick stolen from a licensed intellectual property? 

If so, that gets in guys like Lord Humongus and the dude that worked as Batman on the West Coast during the height of 60s Bat hysteria. 

8 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

W*ING block, Mexico block of 128 horror themed luchadors , no WWE allowed because Undertaker would just win everything because yes, you should count The Undertaker

Are we counting actual wrestling ability? Because if not I would actually take Kane over Taker.

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

Could we open it up to any gimmick stolen from a licensed intellectual property? 

If so, that gets in guys like Lord Humongus and the dude that worked as Batman on the West Coast during the height of 60s Bat hysteria. 

You kind of have to use Lord Humongus so yes but if we make it only stolen gimmicks I have to increase my Mexico bracket to 256 wrestlers

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Are we counting actual wrestling ability? Because if not I would actually take Kane over Taker.

No we're not counting actual wrestling ability that's bullshit

We're talking about dudes that bring chainsaws to the ring and shit not Austin Aries 

But anyone that likes Kane over Taker for any reason is banned from participating, sorry

• Like 9