DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

So for no good reason I was looking up IC title reign history and did anyone else know that both of the Ultimate Warrior's runs with the belt lasted 216 days exactly? I just find that really weird.

By "both of the Ultimate Warriors," you of course mean the original and Kerry Von Erich.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, w. josh said:

By "both of the Ultimate Warriors," you of course mean the original and Kerry Von Erich.

I'm disappointed to report Kerry only held it for 84 days.

6 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

They're totally gonna get another guy to play Kane once he retires. Circle of life, man. 

By another guy you mean Luke Gallows

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

They're totally gonna get another guy to play Kane once he retires. Circle of life, man. 

Holy shit, they could do something when Glen retires where he's backstage talking to Rowan and he convinces him to try on the mask as a joke, only for it to fuse to his face Haunted Mask style. 

"Well, buddy that's your cross to bear now. I've got mayor stuff to do. Good luck getting set on fire every couple of years." 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

and then WHY STOP THERE? Have Kane in a mechanised mask wrestle someone in space

I was going to suggest New Kane beating a couple of 205 guys trapped inside a sleeping bag against a tree like in Jason X, but I feel like that's infringing on something Braun should do. 

• Like 3

I'm pretty conflicted on the Swann thing. Like so many others before him, especially in wrestling, it's the whole idea separating the art from the artist. I don't think one bad decision should derail his whole career, but by the same token, he (apparently? Allegedly?) fucked up pretty bad and really, really, really has to get those issues sorted. Hopefully he takes the time to do so during his "retirement" (come on, it's wrestling) and someday returns with a clear head and a better life. First and foremost, I hope his wife can forgive him and that he fixes himself and they can move on happily without further incident, but I'm speaking strictly wrestling wise: Even if he somehow redeems himself in the eyes of promotors and the public, I just feel like it might be difficult for fans to accept him as this smiling, dancing character after the arrest. Im not saying it can't be done-- everyone deserves a second chance-- but it's just too soon. Hopefully that guy gets his shit together because his real life backstory really touched me (not that it's any excuse for what took place, just to be clear).

• Like 4

4 hours ago, (BP) said:

I was going to suggest New Kane beating a couple of 205 guys trapped inside a sleeping bag against a tree like in Jason X, but I feel like that's infringing on something Braun should do. 

Big Show did something similar to Rey, except it was a stretcher board.

4 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

Why stop there? Go full on Jason Goes to Hell and reveal that Kane was a weird slug monster all along and just happens to inhabit whatever body is most convenient at the time.

Seriously though, fuck that fucking movie

• Like 3

Just now, Tromatagon said:

Seriously though, fuck that fucking movie

No way. New Line and Jason Goes to Hell brought new life to the franchise. Friday the 13th had gone to shit with Jason Takes Manhattan.

Jason isn't even in Jason Goes to Hell for more than 5 minutes.  Fuck that shit.  When he's in it he looks like he's made out of a sack of shit with a mask embedded into it.  It did all the same stuff everyone hated Manhattan for - IE apparently being made by people who never even watched the other movies, adding dumb shit to the lore, etc, but at least you got to see Jason kill some motherfuckers in JTM.

Don't get me wrong, I think Jason Takes Manhattan is complete garbage (and Jason looked like a fucking pumpkin when his mask came off) and totally hate that fucking movie,but if waiting ten years to do another one and almost not even releasing it is your idea of breathing new life into a franchise, I don't know what to say.  

Loved Freddy vs Jason though.  Sucks they couldn't successfully follow it up.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

Why stop there? Go full on Jason Goes to Hell and reveal that Kane was a weird slug monster all along and just happens to inhabit whatever body is most convenient at the time.

That was Bray Wyatt's origin story at one point. That he's a spirit inhabiting Husky Harris.

• Like 1

I love how this thread turns into a F13 discussion. I know that Manhattan and Hell are hot garbage, but so are a lot of angles Kane was in. He's a cool cast like namessake Kane Hodder, but he was put through so much bs. It would fit very well to transfer the curse in a way it was done in a shit-movie.

P.S.: Jason lives is fantastic.

• Like 3

The weird thing is Kane was more based on Michael Myers initially. I remember a write-up in WWF Magazine before his debut that literally made the comparison, and he regularly did the Michael confused dog head tilt the first few years. 

50 minutes ago, Ace said:

That was Bray Wyatt's origin story at one point. That he's a spirit inhabiting Husky Harris.

Which I believed all stemmed from Wyatt replying to some jerkoffs Husky Harris tweet saying "I needed a vessel." Which I still think was pretty awesome. They should've addressed it on TV. Like Miz bringing back the spirit squad to get in Zigglers head. This Matt Hardy feud would've been a great time for that.

8 minutes ago, (BP) said:

The weird thing is Kane was more based on Michael Myers initially. I remember a write-up in WWF Magazine before his debut that literally made the comparison, and he regilarly did the Michael confused dog head tilt the first few years. 

He talks about the head tilt on the pod with Jericho last week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1