DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 3

Dolfan in NYC

I think the Giants will get it going. Now "get it going" might mean 9-7 but that could be enough to win the division. They have obvious flaws but if they can cutback on the turnovers their offense is enough to beat up on some jobber squads. Cruz and Nicks are sick... Randle is turning into quite the player as well.

The Cowboys could honestly win the division this year. And it's not like they've done anything to suggest they are actually improving, really.

I legitimately think no team in the NFC East is in the top 8 of the NFC.

Yeah, no.

The Cowboys could honestly win the division this year. And it's not like they've done anything to suggest they are actually improving, really.

I legitimately think no team in the NFC East is in the top 8 of the NFC.

Yeah, no.

NFC teams better than the NFC East

Green Bay

New Orleans

Atlanta

Seattle

San Fran

That's 5 for sure. Then you look at teams that would be better if they were in the NFC East...

Five is not eight

Dallas lost to a team that is now 3-0 with a serviceable defense after leading for a good portion of the game. Spots 7-8 would belong to STL, DAL, or ARZ. I think the Lions would have been an easy choice for either of those spots before the loss to the Arizona (who lost to St. Louis). Even though I think the Lions give Dallas a pretty rough game, the Cowboys should be the favorite to beat the Rams (and they are). It's pretty damn likely that whole NFC middle tier could shuffle and reshuffle dramatically over the next few weeks anyway.

Football is the one sport where you can go from great team to bad team or vice versa in one season faster then any other sport.  The KC Chiefs were 2-14 last year but now with a new coach and QB they're suddenly 3-0 to start the next season.  The Ravens won the Super Bowl last year but now after losing a bunch of free agents go 0-2 to start the next season.

I'd say St. Louis, Arizona, Chicago, Detroit, and Minnesota all have a case, to me, of being a team that would win the East if they were in it. The Eagles and Skins are horrid, the Cowboys depth as a team still sorely lacks, and the Giants... duck if I know what's up with them.

Not saying all 5 are better, saying all 5 have comparable, and possibly better, talent.

Football is the one sport where you can go from great team to bad team or vice versa in one season faster then any other sport.  The KC Chiefs were 2-14 last year but now with a new coach and QB they're suddenly 3-0 to start the next season.  The Ravens won the Super Bowl last year but now after losing a bunch of free agents go 0-2 to start the next season.

The Chiefs are like a 12 win team that won't go anywhere in the playoffs, IMO.  It's Alex Smith.  On one hand, he's clearly an above average NFL QB now.  On the other hand, he's never going to be the guy that creates something special for your team and you need that at least once on your way to a Super Bowl (unless you have an all-time defense).

So if you hadn't heard, former NY Giants lineman Brian Halloway had his summer house in upstate NY all but destroyed by a bunch of local kids who broke in and threw a party while he was away. They instagram'ed, tweet'ed, vine'd and posted to facebook as it was happening too, which is how he found out it was happening.  

Instead of pressing charges, he published all of their pictures and their [online] names in an effort to publicly shame them and get them to come forward and own up to what they did.  And of course, because why not, the parents of those shamed kids are angry at Halloway for publishing the kids info/pics.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/09/20/224382580/teens-trash-ex-nfl-players-home-parents-are-mad-at-him

Oh, and a fun fact the article leaves out:  The kids stole the headstone on his property of his stillborn grandson.  

Yeah...