DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 3

Dolfan in NYC

I'm telling you the Giants will win games.

@ Carolina - win

@ KC - I'm going to give them an upset win. It's the kind of game everyone will pick the Chiefs and then Andy will be Andy. Alex Smith also was terrible against the G-men last year. 

vs. Philly - Another win. Philly will make it difficult because they always do but their defense is terrible. Rivers torched them. So will Eli.

@ Chicago - Lets give them a loss.

vs. Minnesota - win. Too much offense.

@ Philly - Lets give them a split with Philly.

Then it's the bye week. At this point they will be 4-4 with the Raiders at home and still two games against the dreadful Skins. That should get them to seven wins. They might only need 8 to win the division...  but lets say 9-7 does it. Giants will have to find two wins out of  ....  Home games:  Green Bay, Dallas, Seattle Road games: Detroit, San Diego

In my view, 9-7 Is a real possibility.

Niners is clearly trying to lay the foundation now to survive the great Rippa Irrationally Hates Football Purge of 2013

For those planning ahead it will probably be moments after the Raiders game

• Like 1

Niners is clearly trying to lay the foundation now to survive the great Rippa Irrationally Hates Football Purge of 2013

Is this before or after the "dogwelder goes on perma life tilt after RG3's knee combusts" purge or the "DEAN~! HATES~! FOOTBALL~!" purge or the "Just kidding, there's no Eagles fans on this board" purge? ;)

Football is the one sport where you can go from great team to bad team or vice versa in one season faster then any other sport.  The KC Chiefs were 2-14 last year but now with a new coach and QB they're suddenly 3-0 to start the next season.  The Ravens won the Super Bowl last year but now after losing a bunch of free agents go 0-2 to start the next season.

Getting a third or fourth place schedule often helps. Also it helps if you get matched with a crappy division in inter-conference play, like the NFC east this year.

Football is the one sport where you can go from great team to bad team or vice versa in one season faster then any other sport.  The KC Chiefs were 2-14 last year but now with a new coach and QB they're suddenly 3-0 to start the next season.  The Ravens won the Super Bowl last year but now after losing a bunch of free agents go 0-2 to start the next season.

Getting a third or fourth place schedule often helps. Also it helps if you get matched with a crappy division in inter-conference play, like the NFC east this year.

I have more confidence that Dallas could get at least five division wins (2 against the Skins and 2 against Philly w/ 1 already) than any year since McNabb left the Eagles. The thing is it all hinges on RG3 still sucking and Vick being a sitting target. McCoy is going to have his good games against Dallas and Romo is probably going to picked by Cary Williams or something, but Ware and Spencer (if he gets healthy) might maul whatever is left of Michael Vick. But if they suck coming off the Week 11 bye and shit the bed in weeks 12-15, all bets are off regardless. Then it's two teams (New York and Dallas) figuring out which one goes 8-8 and which one ends up 9-7 to win the division like Niners Fan basically mentioned.

Is this before or after the "dogwelder goes on perma life tilt after RG3's knee combusts" purge or the "DEAN~! HATES~! FOOTBALL~!" purge or the "Just kidding, there's no Eagles fans on this board" purge? ;)

Ha!  I wouldn't be shocked if that happens.  It would just mean I could devote more time to being let down by the Caps and the Wiz.

I haven't discussed Aldon Smith yet and lets keep it that way. I'm definitely concerned about this game. Many believe it will be the Niners in a walk but the running game has been nonexistent outside of Kaep. Have to get it going today. You would think Harbaugh would know how to attack Luck and Luck has already been sacked a ton this season...  we'll see how that plays out