DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 3

Dolfan in NYC

I don't see how a guy who produced a little over 1300 total yards and 12 total TD's over 15 games on a team with a terrible QB can be considered mediocre, not a top tier RB but obviously a talented player who had potential to get better.

• Like 1

I don't see how a guy who produced a little over 1300 total yards and 12 total TD's over 15 games on a team with a terrible QB can be considered mediocre, not a top tier RB but obviously a talented player who had potential to get better.

He ran for 3.6 YPC last year. That's less then Shonn Greene, Mikel Leshure, Ryan Matthews, and freaking Marc Ingram

This is clearly a case of Cleveland going into tank mode for 2013 and ensuring that they have two 1st round draft picks in 2014.  Their own pick will be Top 3, and the Colts' pick will be the 18-25 range.

The new Browns regime had no use for Richardson, but that doesn't mean he's a bad player.  Giving up on a player that soon and who isn't a QB makes no sense.  The guy can run, it's not his fault that he was the only offensive weapon they had.  Stack the box and he's neutered.  Same thing happens with Adrian Peterson at times. When you have a weak QB with no high-end WRs, getting 12 TDs in 15 games is a testament to the runner.  Any other belief is wrong.

In theory, this trade/tank/stock 1st round picks would be a great idea.  But it's CLEVELAND that's trying to do it, and therefore, it's doomed to fail.  If I'm a defensive player, I'd be pissed.  They're actually good and now they have to play 14 games knowing the front office has shot their season down in flames.

Meanwhile, T-Rich skips over to Indy with Andrew Luck, TY Hilton, Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Allen, and Coby Fleener. Piss on T-Rich's talents if you want.  While you wallow in port-a-potty fumes, I'm smelling the possibility of freshly cut potential of another Big 3 in blue and white (Luck, Richardson, and Hilton).  My fat ass is giddy.  I can not remove my pants, as I find them restrictive and therefore stopped wearing them years ago.  I'm twerking like Miley Cyrus and the Colts are Robin Thicke.  Tongue hanging out, dumping the lesser Hemsworth brother, straight banging.  Only God can judge me. *points foam finger in the air*

• Like 1

He ran for 3.6 YPC last year. That's less then Shonn Greene, Mikel Leshure, Ryan Matthews, and freaking Marc Ingram

You give no fucks.  And we give no fucks about your fucks.  *humps a teddy bear*

• Like 1

Hey, if I'm from Indy, I love the trade. I just think Cleveland trading him and getting a one isn't bad value.

You basically said the guy ain't worth shit.  Which is your right.

And for the Colts to get a Top 10 pick, they'd have to go around 6-10.  I don't see that happening.  10-6 or 9-7, I'd buy.  And who's to say they don't work back into the first round, anyway?

*shaking like a salt shaker, pass the Mrs. Dash*

Not that I'm even opposed to trading Richardson per se. Okay maybe you feel that the NFL is going really pass heavy and you want to hunt for a new style of offense next year. Fine. Maybe Richardson is a guy that should have gone 20th overall instead of third. Problem is the logic that a first round pick is good value could maybe fly if the Browns were good at the drafting game. But that's sort of self-defeated when you look at their recent record. What you end up saying is "Well we drafted this guy in the top 3 and believe we messed that up. Pretty sure if we can draft 24th next year everything will work out better." Not sure I see how you can try and sell that as being a straight line when everyone can see it's curved. If you really think the Browns are going to get "a player better than Trent Richardson" with that pick more power to you, but I really think they sold for the bare minimum here.

Hey, if I'm from Indy, I love the trade. I just think Cleveland trading him and getting a one isn't bad value.

You basically said the guy ain't worth shit.  Which is your right.

And for the Colts to get a Top 10 pick, they'd have to go around 6-10.  I don't see that happening.

Colt are in a shit division, but they aren't a good team.

This is clearly a case of Cleveland going into tank mode for 2013 and ensuring that they have two 1st round draft picks in 2014.  Their own pick will be Top 3, and the Colts' pick will be the 18-25 range.

What makes you think the Colts pick will be that low?  That team has some pretty big issues, most notably the offensive line and the defense.  I forsee the pick being in the 10-15 range.  I think they will be pretty good in the next few years, but giving away a 1st round pick on a team that snuck into the playoffs last year with smoke and mirrors could backfire significantly.  I wish T-Rich the best in Indy, but I have a feeling that he isn't as good as advertised. 

Colts are in a shit division, but they aren't a good team.

You're boring me, Stafford boy.  Be more exciting!  *trips through the tulips*

No Colts fan is expecting them to be in the Super Bowl.  Unlike some teams' dweeby ballwashers, there's some realism involved here. *electric slides*

You say 15.  I say 18.  That's 3 spots' difference.  Yeah, unhealthy expectations.

I wish T-Rich the best in Indy, but I have a feeling that he isn't as good as advertised.

Condescending doesn't suit you.

Not that I'm even opposed to trading Richardson per se. Okay maybe you feel that the NFL is going really pass heavy and you want to hunt for a new style of offense next year. Fine. Maybe Richardson is a guy that should have gone 20th overall instead of third. Problem is the logic that a first round pick is good value could maybe fly if the Browns were good at the drafting game. But that's sort of self-defeated when you look at their recent record. What you end up saying is "Well we drafted this guy in the top 3 and believe we messed that up. Pretty sure if we can draft 24th next year everything will work out better." Not sure I see how you can try and sell that as being a straight line when everyone can see it's curved. If you really think the Browns are going to get "a player better than Trent Richardson" with that pick more power to you, but I really think they sold for the bare minimum here.

The people who traded Richardson are a completely different group than the people who drafted him.  There is a new owner, GM, and coach. 

Watching that documentary on the Browns, and I am not sure why it took me so long to realize, but I am now convinced LeBron James got Braylon Edwards traded from the Browns.  (Aside from underwhelming everyone with his performance, and not being able to catch a football most games.)

I was done with Braylon Edwards when I watched him drop a touchdown pass, go to the sideline take out his Michigan maize and gold mouthpiece and start laughing and joking with one of his teammates.  Yep, that is all you have to do to make me hate you forever. 

Watching that documentary on the Browns, and I am not sure why it took me so long to realize, but I am now convinced LeBron James got Braylon Edwards traded from the Browns. (Aside from underwhelming everyone with his performance, and not being able to catch a football most games.)

Little from Column A, little from Column B.

In what may be the single worst decision of all time, someone decided to paintball Pacman Jones' car.  Where does Pacman rank on the list of athletes not to cross? He has to be top 3 right?

http://deadspin.com/some-asshole-paintballed-pacman-joness-car-1341703532

No way top 3. OJ, Carruth and Aaron Hernandez all happened.