DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is 2 Sweet - 1/1/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Boy is Joe a dick. I didn't get the brevity of the comment about Dean having to live off his wife's paycheck for a beat then the crowd booed and it clicked. Her face introducing him said it all. Also, Dean and Renee are actually married? News to me. 

Pretty solid matches. Cesaro/Jordan was fine (even the finish, because Rollins had to save him thus proving his point), Alexa/Asuka was great, Joe/Roman was super, and the Club got to get back together. Pull-apart was lame. Corey's jacket deserves points, I bet he wore it last night too. 

Can't tell if my favorite part of the night was Joe's continued dickish trolling of Renee or Booker T randomly losing his shit and laughing for no reason before they cut to Elias in the ring.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peck said:

Can't tell if my favorite part of the night was Joe's continued dickish trolling of Renee or Booker T randomly losing his shit and laughing for no reason before they cut to Elias in the ring.

Booker was laughing because he completely flubbed hyping up the Brock/Kane/Braun match. 

Also someone please tell Kevin Dunn to let someone else handle the camera cuts. Switching over to Elias & the Miztourage while  Finn and the Good Brothers throw up the too sweet sign was stupid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gatling said:

Does Dana come out with a laptop next week to complete her transformation into Alexandra York?  Dot Matrix printout?  Or can she have a tablet instead of taking "statistics" with paper and pen?

A money ball wrestling gimmick could be pretty funny if done right. 

14 minutes ago, gatling said:

Does Dana come out with a laptop next week to complete her transformation into Alexandra York?  Dot Matrix printout?  Or can she have a tablet instead of taking "statistics" with paper and pen?

If they're going to go full Alexandra York with her, they need to have her out there in one of those power suits.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, the zero reaction Kane got cannot portend well for his role in the Rumble match. 

It portends well for all of us.

Corey starts 2018 with a Pantera reference. You would have to "Drag the Waters" of Miami to find Rhyno and Slater.

The "We can't call them Bullet Club" reunion was awesome. It shouldn't have been anything other than the squash it was.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gatling said:

Dana should come out with an abacus and an Etch-a-Sketch.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, worldcupfever said:

Booker would have been at a loss for words.

Corey: "STRETCH PLUM! STRETCH PLUM!"

Booker: "Whut da hale?"

To be honest Booker is typically at a loss for words

EDIT: You know what? I haven't watched Raw with English commentary in a loooooong time and all three of them did a fine job getting over the psychology in the big matches on this one, including Booker. It didn't feel like a bunch of Vince in the headset. 

That Alexa/Asuka match was awesome, everything I hoped for in what I figured would be the WM title match. Great stuff from my two favorites there. Jordan/Cesaro and Reigns/Joe both really good to great too. Those 3 matches alone make this a good one, with Alexa/Asuka being my favorite and one I will remember for the year for sure. Liked Jordan's bit in the seg with Roman and Seth too, always good to see Goldust get a win, only wish Rhyno got a little more before being killed repeatedly.

Alexa/Asuka was way longer and better than I expected. Its the best Alexa has looked in months. Still it feels weird for them to give away a match they seemingly started to build for WM already.

Roman/Joe was good stuff as expected. Joe really is the besth eel in WWE right now. I love how he needles Renee constantly about Dean. And Renee plays it up so well fighting back slapping him.