DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES TALK (2018 & Beyond)

RIPPA

When Bethesda announced Fallout 76 with a teaser trailer this morning, promising more information at E3, it was easy to assume that the new game would be a traditional single-player role-playing game. But Fallout 76 is in fact an online survival RPG that’s heavily inspired by games like DayZ and Rust, according to three people familiar with the project.

Those people, speaking anonymously so as not to damage their careers, confirmed that Fallout 76 is an experimental new entry in the longrunning post-apocalyptic series. When Bethesda first teased the game on Tuesday morning, fans and pundits speculated that it might be a Fallout 3 remaster or a New Vegas-style spinoff in a new location, but as Kotaku reported that afternoon, it is in fact something completely new and completely different. The teaser might lead Fallout fans to believe that this is a traditional entry in the series, but according to our sources, that’s not the case.

https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333#cxu7e8q6qtd93vxumeeg30yi6.2pd1zf4t9aeae

Honestly, every multiplayer game not run by Blizzard shoots itself in the foot trying to squeeze more life out of the game eventually.

I have no idea how Blizzard manages to not.

13 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

The problem with multiplayer games is the multiplayer part. It's consistently the one part about multiplayer games that makes them insufferable trash.

On the one hand I feel like I miss out on a lot of games by not liking multiplayer, on the other hand hell is other people on the internet so it's probably for the best.

2 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

On the one hand I feel like I miss out on a lot of games by not liking multiplayer, on the other hand hell is other people on the internet so it's probably for the best.

As someone who plays Dota 2 almost every day, this couldn't be more correct.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:59 AM, RIPPA said:

I would also be interested in a game titled "Ass Creed"

"Ass Creed!"

"LIEUTENANT DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN, ASS CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!"

On 5/30/2018 at 1:13 PM, Zimbra said:

There is such a vast difference between "multiplayer with a group you know and like" and "random Ass Creeds from the internet". There's a reason people of a certain age have such fond memories of NBA Jam.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

There is such a vast difference between "multiplayer with a group you know and like" and "random Ass Creeds from the internet". There's a reason people of a certain age have such fond memories of NBA Jam.

Truthfully I don't particularly care for multiplayer even with people I know.  There are a couple of co-op games I've enjoyed but gaming is mostly a solo thing for me.

3 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Tetsuya Mizuguchi is making a Tetris spinoff called Tetris Effect. The trailer does a very good job of getting me interested.

I have no clue what the fuck I'm looking at, but it's cool and probably has iffy gameplay (like every other Tetsuya Mizuguchi game).

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

You can ignore DAYS GONE on February 22, 2019.

Man, that game. There's a fun way to do the genre of fighting against giant hordes of zombies and Days Gone sure as hell isn't it.

And the way it has been done right in the Dead Rising games has been done to death.

It's delayed?  YOU DON'T SAY~!!

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, odessasteps said:

No PED violations, please. 

I never take my phone into the SKIF.  I'm not that dumb.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:46 PM, RIPPA said:

When Bethesda announced Fallout 76 with a teaser trailer this morning, promising more information at E3, it was easy to assume that the new game would be a traditional single-player role-playing game.

But Fallout 76 is in fact an online survival RPG that’s heavily inspired by games like DayZ and Rust, according to three people familiar with the project.

Their first foray into online gaming with one of their franchise IPs was so successful that they are going to do it again with another one....

.....wait.....

• Haha 1