DVDVR Message Board

HELL IN A CELL 2017 (10/08/17)

RIPPA

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm sure he's fine, the office chairs from Staples (same one I'm sitting in) stopped him from crashing into the dasher boards.

Image result for ziggler tensai Worked for Dolph.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sabremike said:

If they have a sensible explanation for Sami turning then great. If this was just pointless SWERVE~! to shock everyone than it sucks.

Steve Austin joined Vince McMahon and then aligned with HHH the next night and to this day there has never been an actual explanation aside from "Austin wanted to turn heel."  And you guys act like that WM17 was the biggest show of all time despite that shit ending.  

At least Sami can claim how far he got without any help on his own but then Owens came in and murdered everyone and did so much more than Sami did. And as much as Sami and Kevin fought, finally Sami saw the light on what it took to be somebody.  And what better way to do that then by taking out a McMahon.  I thought this angle was fucking perfect.

Watching that there's a part of me that's like "This is a professional stunt show being put on by people with decades of experience who have worked this out down to the last detail" and part of me that's like "These carnival geek show idiots think they can just jump around on a big fence box they rigged together out of rubber bands and chickenwire and they won't die?"

I swear to this day I'm not sure which is truer sometimes with this company.

• Like 1

Just now, sydneybrown said:

Steve Austin joined Vince McMahon and then aligned with HHH the next night and to this day there has never been an actual explanation aside from "Austin wanted to turn heel."  And you guys act like that WM17 was the biggest show of all time despite that shit ending.  

At least Sami can claim how far he got without on his own but then Owens came in and murdered everyone and did so much more than Sami did. And as much as Sami and Kevin fought, finally Sami saw the light on what it took to be somebody.  And what better way to do that then by taking out a McMahon.  I thought this angle was fucking perfect.

Uh, that's not right at all. Austin did have a reason to join Vince. He joined Vince because he needed the World title more than anything else and would even align with Vince to get it back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I think Sami's explanation will have something to do with his lack of opportunity on SD and WWE in general. He can claim the McMahon's destroyed his friendship with Kevin, so he's repairing it and do what he has to in order to get ahead. Fairly simple, but probably way more thought than Road Dogg will put into it.

Owens made the case backstage with him a few weeks ago, right? Something like "I'm a big star because I force people to deal with me and you're nothing because you're too afraid to be like me."

So Sami just has to say "YOu know, he was right. I'm following my way more famous friend's example because it works."

7 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

To be fair, Triple H sided with Austin, not the other way around. Vince basically gave him a tongue lashing for not beating the Undertaker while Austin viciously beat The Rock. So Triple H then beat the fuck out of Rock with a sledgehammer. And Austin, already a heel, joined in. The reason for Austin joining up with McMahon was that he saw his time on top slipping away and needed every shortcut and advantage he could get his hands on, especially after only being back from an injury for a few months.

Sometimes, you don't need the story perfectly laid out for you in a promo or by the announcers. Sometimes the story is right there infront of you if you just sit back and think about it for a minute.

The World Title was a McMahon creation.  That kinda was the whole point back in the day.  Vince let Austin be champion because it made him money.  

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Uh, that's not right at all. Austin did have a reason to join Vince. He joined Vince because he needed the World title more than anything else and would even align with Vince to get it back. 

He aligned with Vince to get a title back that Vince himself created.  And then teamed with a guy who tried to kill him and never gave a reason why they were suddenly friends and then played second fiddle to him until he got injured.  That made ABSOLUTELY ZERO SENSE at the time but people bought it anyway.  Once upon a time HHH and Austin tried to murder each other repeatedly.  And then...hey?  They were best buds.  That's how life works, you know. I totally expect the Owens/Zayn explanation to be lame, but at least there is history and I hope they do so much more with it.

Yep. The way the match was laid out and the build up prior (the HHH loss)  showed that Austin post-surgery couldn't beat the Rock cleanly, despite giving him everything, he still kicked out, as such he needed Vince and waffling the fuck out of the Rock with a chair for 10 minutes to put him down. 

My guess re: Zayn is being fobbed off by Shane last week when he warned him about KO, and decided to teach him a lesson.....and probably Shane getting his win back by going over Sami in 5 minutes and making him look like a tool.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sydneybrown said:

The World Title was a McMahon creation.  That kinda was the whole point back in the day.  Vince let Austin be champion because it made him money.  

He aligned with Vince to get a title back that Vince himself created.  And then teamed with a guy who tried to kill him and never gave a reason why they were suddenly friends and then played second fiddle to him until he got injured.  That made ABSOLUTELY ZERO SENSE at the time but people bought it anyway.  Once upon a time HHH and Austin tried to murder each other repeatedly.  And then...hey?  They were best buds.  That's how life works, you know. I totally expect the Owens/Zayn explanation to be lame, but at least there is history and I hope they do so much more with it.

Should be noted that business started falling from the point of the turn and that all these years later business hasn't returned to those heights. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Should be noted that business started falling from the point of the turn and that all these years later business hasn't returned to those heights. 

How much of that though is pretty much everything being done poorly since? The Invasion, the NWO, Goldberg return, Rock return, Foley return, ECW purchase/revival, Punk/Bryan catching fire, Nexus starting hot and failing, Bret return etc. Anything that's threatened to get mainstream/renewed interest has been DOA within three months.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

There's also that The Rock and Austin were extremely popular and people overlooked a lot of dumb shit from that era because the two of them were fun to watch. 

Yeah, I guess, except for the Austin heel turn really wasn't that dumb - just incredibly stupid to do at that time. It made sense storyline wise, and heel Stone Cold was pretty awesome all things considered (besides him and HHH beating the fuck out of Lita with chairs).

It also watered down the heel turn later in the summer when Austin joined the Alliance. He turned heel in April, somehow went back to a face in the few weeks leading up to the Invasion PPV, and then went heel again. They should have either waited to do the turn until the summer if they just couldn't let go of the idea of Stone Cold as a bad guy.

1 hour ago, HumanChessgame said:

New Day and the Usos have had plenty of great matches but their never-ending feud filled with 50/50 booking has diminished my enthusiasm. This match had a lot of good stuff but also a lot of WWE Hardcore Lite spots. They really should have blown off the feud here as I don't know how they'll top what they did here, but it looks like it's going to continue. 

What feud currently doesnt have 50/50 booking in WWE, only the Universal and WWE Titles have stayed steady with one guy for months all.the rest flip flop. I dont mind New Days vs Usos because we been getting  alot of rematches of feuds on Tv and PPV since the slit. this has yet  to  get old because  each match is different.

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The best part about Austin's heel turn:

The two guys behind Michael Cole cracked me up.

That was glorious. Wasn’t there another time when he beat the piss out of Cole (again) or Tazz? 

**edit** 

Okay, I guess it was the week after. Still awesome...

Austin was fucking awesome around this time. 

• Like 1

Barely any hesitation.  Shane is out of his fucking gourd.

Shane has set the bar for being a son very high for the rest of us.

6 hours ago, Casey said:

The tables have been gimmicked and cushioned for the last few years, too. This isn't a Mick Foley situation.

Cushioned or no, a fall from that height is still going to make something hurt on you and Shane is no twentysomething anymore with titanium laced through his muscles and beef jerkey for bones who can heal in minutes after a hot shower.