DVDVR Message Board

SDL Is Bray Does Blackface - 3/14/2017

Dolfan in NYC

If Bray ever does drop the cult schtick, I want him to reveal that running a swamp cult was all a plan hatched by his father in order to get Bray a religious tax exemption, and he never really believed in any of that mystic mumbo jumbo, then we get Corporate Bray Wyatt tag teaming with Corporate Kane and managed by IRS.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel aren't doing shit right now.  Boom, problem solved.

I mean it solves the problem of who's going to get knocked out the next time Seth Green has a puppet show to promote.

• Like 2

What an infuriating show. 

AJ's opening promo was good. 

Becky/Nattie was fine, though we've seen it before. Carmella declaring her intent for the Women's scramble was met with a thud.

Alexa/Mickie was a mess. The crowd had no idea who to cheer for. Credit to Mickie for trying to keep it on track, though.

Miz TV started a bit slow, but Maryse brought it around.  Nikki was way too happy for a match that everyone and their grandma knew was happening, all for her to get a marriage proposal that Cena will move Heaven and earth not to honor.

Why did they bother with Mojo/Ziggler?

Baron Corbin was reading off cue cards.

Orton cuts a dry promo and claims to hear the voice of a long-dead woman; Bray comes in with a wacky promo, but at least he has an excuse as he's grieving over his burnt-down house. Did he eat ash dirt? I can't call what Bray did blackface if we ignore Finn Balor's black demon paint. Wyatt just looked like he had been playing in a dirty fireplace.

They couldn't have pissed more on the tag division if they had tried.  The match has been overdone, but AA and the Usos were doing good work.  Bad enough to deal with a crowd crying WE WANT ANGLE. But then to have to compete against Shane for attention. And why did no one call Shane ahead of schedule to warn him about AJ? I'm guessing dude has a cell phone. At least try to make the story semi-plausible.

Bryan wasn't wrong for getting rid of Styles, but he allows Orton to breeze in after purposely burning down a co-worker's home on live TV.  WTF.

Styles and Maryse were the only ones who made sense on the show. Everyone else was way off.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I mean it solves the problem of who's going to get knocked out the next time Seth Green has a puppet show to promote.

If it leads to this on SDL, I'm all for it:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel aren't doing shit right now.  Boom, problem solved.

Any time that part of the answer is "Curtis Axel", the wrong question has been asked.

2 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Any time that part of the answer is "Curtis Axel", the wrong question has been asked.

What if the question being asked is "Who was the 3rd best member of the Social Outcasts?"

2 minutes ago, GodzillaPerez said:

What if the question being asked is "Who was the 3rd best member of the Social Outcasts?"

I actually like him better than Adam Rose or Bo Dallas, so the point is moot. Nice try, though!

Fine (even though he may be better than Bo, he was not better than Bo in the Outcasts). "Who's the only person to last a year in the Royal Rumble?"

1 hour ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I am amused that Renee realized well in advance that AJ was going to attack Shane when he got out of the car - and didn't bother to try to warn him.  I wish the WWE would figure out how to stage these things so that's it not blatantly obvious the interviewer, the camera man, and whoever else is around see the heel coming but don't try to warn the babyface.

And then they show Shane going through the car window... from a camera placed inside the car. It was actually a decently worked beatdown segment up to that point. It just screamed "hey, all of this shit was planned in advance"

5 minutes ago, zev said:

Hornswoggle, 2008-2009?

He wasn't in the 2009 one and while not over the top eliminated, he was disqualified thereby losing. The Axe Man's record still stands.

• Like 1

Awful show with a crowd that was just as bad. I'm not really looking forward to a single SDL match at Mania. Considering they have the best worker, the biggest star, and the best heel in WWE that's pretty sad.

That was the weakest SDL in a while though I still enjoyed Talking Smack. Bryan going on about wanting to punch the Miz and calling  the mixed tag the face punchiest match did please me. Still, I would be a lot more interested if this was just Cena vs. Miz with Nikki in the women's title match.

16 minutes ago, GodzillaPerez said:

He wasn't in the 2009 one and while not over the top eliminated, he was disqualified thereby losing. The Axe Man's record still stands.

No one eliminated Savage that one year. Better his ghost than Orton facing Bray this year.

2 minutes ago, zev said:

No one eliminated Savage that one year. Better his ghost than Orton facing Bray this year.

He wasn't in the arena for his number being called which to me counts as a forfeit. Plus if you think about it, he was eliminated twice the next year.

37 minutes ago, GodzillaPerez said:

Fine (even though he may be better than Bo, he was not better than Bo in the Outcasts). "Who's the only person to last a year in the Royal Rumble?"

Maven?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GodzillaPerez said:

He wasn't in the arena for his number being called which to me counts as a forfeit. Plus if you think about it, he was eliminated twice the next year.

Savage forfeited his spot in '91 after costing the Warrior the title. He eliminated himself in '92 after he had already eliminated Jake.

It all starts with Andre, who eliminated himself in '89 running from Damien.

I'd much rather watch ghost Andre or ghost Savage than Randy Orton.