DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

Who over 35 calls it A New Hope?

I call it that or Episode IV, but I'm 32. My brother on the other hand is nearly ten years older, and I'm pretty sure he refers to it as A New Hope. 

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

This though? Please make this happen and inject it into my veins!

https://www.slashfilm.com/secret-star-wars-show/?fbclid=IwAR3IllzNx8Vhzoc23W4ifTBqr7Kn-OZeNBoCqPz8kgtjwNSMB455POEDbQw

Give me a Dr. Aphra show!!!

Nice, would love to see Aphra enter the canon for sure via tv. 

• Like 1

Friendly reminder, there is a thread for Episode IX - or whatever the fuck you call it.  That is the place you put reviews, spoilers, pictures, memes, and all that stuff.  

DO NOT post spoilers here. The consequences will be... severe.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

I refer to Episode IV as A New Hope because it has the Han Shot Second bullshit.

In the real Star Wars, Han shot first.

Yes, I am over forty years old.  And grumpy.  And have horrible opinions.

I'm going to try to go to the 6PM showing of Rise on Sunday because I know that Thursday - Saturday will be a fucking circus. 

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I'm watching Episode III - Revenge of the Sith right now. Been quite awhile since I've watched this beginning to end. Probably over 10 years, if not more. Man, just as with Attack of the Clones, anything involving Anakin and Padme is so horrible. Zero chemistry at all between those two, and the dialogue is just as horrible. All the acting is so wooden across the board.  I can't handle any of the prequels. I don't know whether to blame Hayden Christensen for bringing it all down with his horrible acting, or if it's simply impossible for any actor to properly emote when reciting the lines they're given in this film. I mean, even Natalie Portman is pretty bad in this. Yet, Ian McDiarmid just chews all the scenery he can in every scene he's in and seems to make it work. There are good movies in the prequels buried in there somewhere, but Lucas did not bring them to the screen at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

There are good movies in the prequels buried in there somewhere, but Lucas did not bring them to the screen at all.

That was what made the prequels so disappointing. Lucas is a great idea and general story guy, but he needs someone there to weave it all together for him and deal with the details.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Friendly reminder, there is a thread for Episode IX - or whatever the fuck you call it.  That is the place you put reviews, spoilers, pictures, memes, and all that stuff.  

DO NOT post spoilers here. The consequences will be... severe.

giphy.gif

EL9NrdLW4AAr0Np?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

With Mom constantly sick and no help from family, I may get to see the new movie sometime after it's released digitally. So thank you for keeping the spoilers contained to another thread. 

I won't say a word.

We love you.

No offense, but your family sucks. 

Edited by J.T.
  • Sad 1

Just now, J.T. said:

I won't say a word.

We love you.

No offense, but your family sucks.

It is what it is.

OH, just remembered something: The Mandalorian will be dropping it's new episode TOMORROW (Wednesday), and will apparently have some few/several moments of movie showing during/after the credits, so be aware.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

It is what it is.

Is it that they can't help or won't help?  If anyone deserves to go see this movie on the biggest screen possible, it's you.

The idea of you not being ln Leia side buns in the theater on opening night makes me sad.

Edited by J.T.

I learned something these past few weeks

If we were to only see one movie this Christmas season - my wife picked Cats over Star Wars

I still haven't fully come to grips with my feelings about that

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If we were to only see one movie this Christmas season - my wife picked Cats over Star Wars

My daughter picked Black Christmas over Star Wars and Cats.

On the one hand, I am totally happy that she is embracing tacky horror cinema.  For better or worse, there is some DNA in there somewhere that belongs to me.

On the other hand, I feel that I have failed her as a father as she shows no interest in going to see a Star Wars epic closer on opening weekend.

Edited by J.T.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If you're just learning this now...

11 minutes ago, Matt D said:

If you're just learning this now...

One of the things that drew us together was sci fi/fantasy and one of our earliest dates was waiting in line and seeing the re-released Star Wars in the theater

I have known about her love of Cats since the moment I knew her too.

I just never knew her preference.

That being said - if this choice had to have been made 20 years ago I think it would have been different

39 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

With Mom constantly sick and no help from family, I may get to see the new movie sometime after it's released digitally. So thank you for keeping the spoilers contained to another thread. 

Sorry to read this. Virtual hugs, @JLSigman xxx.

Edited by The Natural