DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

Spoiler

The bounty existing for 50 years is the more confusing part.  Obliviously an Imperial holdout is trying to see it completed, and there are 2 different people after it (the Droid's bounty was for DEAD, the Mando's for alive), but the Empire only existed for like, 30 years, so... a Palpatine backed bounty?  

Maybe I heard that wrong and the bounty is 20 years old but the baby is 50.

I do love that we're only getting 1 episode a week so I don't end up watching the whole season in a week.

Edited by Raziel

Because it's making the Twitter rounds...

The Disney+ Release of Episode IV contains ANOTHER edit of the Han/Greedo scene.  It's nothing earth shattering and no, Han still doesn't shoot first, but the outrage over a second and one line is almost obvious trolling.

3 hours ago, Raziel said:
  Hide contents

The bounty existing for 50 years is the more confusing part.  Obliviously an Imperial holdout is trying to see it completed, and there are 2 different people after it (the Droid's bounty was for DEAD, the Mando's for alive), but the Empire only existed for like, 30 years, so... a Palpatine backed bounty?  

Spoiler

This series takes place 5 years after ROTJ. Somebody on Reddit put together that 50 years ago puts this Yoda Baby's birth (or at least the bounty being put on the baby, presumably at it's birth) at the same time as Anakin's birth. Could tie together. Or could not. But it's birth is before Phantom Menace.

Spoiler

The baby Yoda keeps making me think of Raising Arizona when the police are questioning Nathan Arizona about his baby's disappearance.  The cop asks what the baby's pajamas looked like.  "I don't know - they were jammies! They had Yodas 'n' shit on 'em!"

6 hours ago, Raziel said:
  Hide contents

I do love that we're only getting 1 episode a week so I don't end up watching the whole season in a week.

It's the baby that was 50 years old. 50 years old was referring to its age. Mando was confused about that. IG-11 then stated that species will age differently because they will live for centuries.

The implication is that Yoda's race are still in general infancy at age 50 since they are so long-lived. Yoda was about 900 or so when he died.

The Mandalorian is what I've been wanting for years. It's the best thing to come out of Star Wars since the original trilogy. I could really not even care less about Rise of Skywalker right now. This is what I want to watch.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Caught first episode of the Mandalorian last night. Dug it a good deal. Was pretty much exactly what I was hoping to see from it. 

Yes, exactly. Loved the little touches, the flashbacks, all the stuff in the clan compound. Can't wait to dig into the meat of it. The soundtrack's by Ludwig Göransson and works really well. My only complaint was that they don't name any of the planets he goes to, and my lore junkie brain is pouting.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

Yes, exactly. Loved the little touches, the flashbacks, all the stuff in the clan compound. Can't wait to dig into the meat of it. The soundtrack's by Ludwig Göransson and works really well. My only complaint was that they don't name any of the planets he goes to, and my lore junkie brain is pouting.

I hadn't realized that until now and now I'm just a tad disappointed with that. Hopefully names will come later. I loved everything with the clan compound. I am so looking forward to seeing that explored more.

• Like 1

Rogue One did the planet naming thing, except for that scene when they go to Mustafar and Vader's planet. That still annoys me. There's no way to tell its Mustafar other than outside information.

I would like it if we found out what planets we were seeing this week on Mando.

9 minutes ago, Bustronaut said:

Wait, is the original Clone Wars series up too?

Yep - Have wanted to watch it for forever, but there's never been a good place to stream the whole series until now.  

• Like 1

Finally watched the Mandalorian while on a lunch break. I really, really liked it. There were a couple times I couldn't understand what Pedro Pascal was saying, but that's why there's closed captioning.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

He was wounded permanently. Probably had a worse diet and lifestyle on Dagobah.

By the way, with Disney+ here, what's the best thing to start with for the animated series?

Clone Wars>Rebels>Resistance.

Skip the droid episodes of Clone Wars. They are usually the more boring ones. I would say skip the Gungan ones as well, but there actually is at least one episode that does feature a pretty cool moment with them vs. Grievous so at least check that one out if you can. The actual clone focused ones are the best.

Rebels has a lot of carry over from Clone Wars with Ahsoka, Maul, & Hondo.

Resistance has been OK, but hasn't really felt must see. Its hurt by them clearly going for something less serious than the previous two shows. If you check it out watch it last since it technically starts a few months before TFA and will seemingly carry into Rise of the Skywalker time frame.

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2019 at 7:01 PM, JLSigman said:

Singing with the choir.  The Mandalorian is fucking great.   I think my Disney+ subscription may have already payed for itself from all of the back television shows and movies I've been streaming while on graveyard shift.

• Like 1