DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game, v.51

Dolfan in NYC

If you're Atlanta, particularly the coaching staff, how do you go back home after that?  How do you explain that to Arthur Blank? It's 3rd and 1.  All you have to do is run the ball, gain a couple of yards, and get a fresh set of downs.  Even if you don't score, you'd run two minutes off the clock.  Two minutes for your defense to breathe, two minutes where New England can't score.

Is it wrong of me to hope NFL's ratings nosedive even more next season?  Because I really think the league deserves nothing better. It's not even about this debacle.  There's a malaise over the entire operation.  This league needs an enema.

• Like 6

Just now, Burgundy LaRue said:

If you're Atlanta, particularly the coaching staff, how do you go back home after that?  How do you explain that to Arthur Blank? It's 3rd and 1.  All you have to do is run the ball, gain a couple of yards, and get a fresh set of downs.  Even if you don't score, you'd run two minutes off the clock.  Two minutes for your defense to breathe, two minutes where New England can't score.

Is it wrong of me to hope NFL's ratings nosedive even more next season?  Because I really think the league deserves nothing better. It's not even about this debacle.  There's a malaise over the entire operation.  This league needs an enema.

It still would have sucked if Joe Buck hadn't been pimping a comeback all night long but that made it so much worse. They really need all new announcers. . . 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

It really is Seppuku time for the offensive coaches especially. . . 

4 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Pittsburgh wasn't in the Super Bowl, so you can't place the enema anywhere. Yet. 

9 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

It still would have sucked if Joe Buck hadn't been pimping a comeback all night long but that made it so much worse. They really need all new announcers. . . 

I don't think I've ever wished actual harm on anyone before.  Joe Buck is testing that.  Is there any way to rip out his vocal cords without someone going to prison over it?  What an insufferable prick.  Most NFL announcers are lackluster, but I don't actively hate them. I would say he should have someone shit in his mouth, but he'd elect Brady to do it and enjoy every kernel of it. I nearly didn't watch the game because I didn't want to deal with him. He is literally the worst.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I don't think I've ever wished actual harm on anyone before.  Joe Buck is testing that.  Is there any way to rip out his vocal cords without someone going to prison over it?  What an insufferable prick.  Most NFL announcers are lackluster, but I don't actively hate them. I would say he should have someone shit in his mouth, but he'd elect Brady to do it and enjoy every kernel of it. I nearly didn't watch the game because I didn't want to deal with him. He is literally the worst.

The only guy I hate as much is Phil Simms, but he's 'color"....

49 minutes ago, Ryan said:

If he's gone through it this many times, I'm shocked he'd quit  just because it might cost him his career, he seems vain enough.

Talked about it on Stern this week when he first got on FOX he was told he was too fat and do something about his hair.  He said the pain is intolerable and the thing that happened with his vocal chord told him its not worth it anymore.  A guy like him would always find something to do in the broadcast biz

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

If he's gone through it this many times, I'm shocked he'd quit  just because it might cost him his career, he seems vain enough.

He's addicted to it. Literally. He wrote about it in his new book. 

I dont have the hate for him the rest of you guys here do but him talking about stalking his current wife until she finally went out with him years ago kicks up the creep factor but then hearing about when he was a bat boy for the Cardinals the players used to make fun of him for being fat and they would pink belly him almost humanizes him

Man if I was a sports announcer guy I would have the worst damn toupee on the planet just on principle. Just as a loyalty to my profession and a respect for the heritage and traditions of sports announcer guys as depicted in movies since the 1970s at least. 

To quote Sir Alex Ferguson, "Football, bloody hell."

I'm an absolute mess.  I should really be getting ready for work, but I'm too tired and drained to even consider putting some trousers and socks on.  What a game.

I was convinced as the XP pinged off the post that a miracle wasn't going to happen.  Even as they pulled it back in regulation I thought it would end up like Green Bay and Dallas did earlier in the playoffs - the mountain would be just too high to climb.  But OT?  Once the Patriots got the ball it was never in doubt.  Atlanta's bottle had gone and it was all over for them.  However, if they can stop it haunting them, Atlanta should be back.  They were amazing in the first half and early in the second.

There will be an inevitable scandal when it's revealed that Brady isn't actually human and was a visitor from another realm that took on mortal form to blend in with us.  Until then the GOAT discussion is over.  He's a magic vitamin drinking, elastic band twanging, freak and I love him.  James White can also touch me any place that he wants for the next 24 hours.

I'm going to Disney World!