DVDVR Message Board

2017 The Stuff About Sports Media Thread

RIPPA

I figure this should go here and not the fantasy football league thread

While this might be a case of political correctness run amock in society, I don't know if given the last couple days it is sound marketing to do a fantasy football segment where a white man is holding a stick head of Oddel Beckham Jr and auctioning him to a crowd of nothing but white people.    

And while we are at it, can we please destroy the idea of doing 24 hours straight on fantasy football by the 4 letter network.  I understand that it is insanely popular.  Hell I am in 2 leagues but 75% of the stuff was just bad skits that offered no help at all.   Everything you need to know was done in the first 2 hours.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Governor Chris Christie has decided to pursue other options for "post-gubernatorial employment" and will not be joining WFAN.

Dolfan do you want to chip in so we can buy a billboard near FAN HQ's that reads " Put Tony Paige in the 1-6:30pm slot"? He'd never get the gig because I think it's a rule that the daytime hosts on the station have to have an IQ smaller than their shoe size.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tabe said:

ESPN has confirmed that they pulled an announcer named Robert Lee from this week's UVA football game because of his name. This Robert Lee is Asian. 

Hope they don't have anyone on payroll named Jeb Stewart. 

Based on this stupidity, I can't believe the guy with the obvious southern voice that is on every show now makes through the security guard at ESPN

Also as people on Twitter has mentioned  it is a good thing the NFL doesn't have games in southern Virginia because Stonewall Jackson's real first name is "Tom"  :lol:

On 8/22/2017 at 10:51 PM, Tabe said:

ESPN has confirmed that they pulled an announcer named Robert Lee from this week's UVA football game because of his name. This Robert Lee is Asian. 

Best part is they are instead sending him to Pittsburgh. So they are aiding Lee in his advance deep into Union territory, thus exposing ESPN as Confederate sympathizers.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2017 at 0:27 PM, Kuetsar said:

I don't know where to put this, so I'll put it here http://deadspin.com/attention-half-of-canada-calls-kickball-soccer-baseba-1798424183. Assuming its legit, you wacky Canadians. . . .

Half of Canada needs to be eaten by a herd of moose I mean, wide-horned deer.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am just sad Boomer wasn't arrested with him.

I also loved that they claimed on the radio that Carton was "under the weather"

Lol, yeah, if Boomer and the producers knew that about the situation when they went on the air, yesterday's show is really bizarre.  Boomer went on the air and basically made a joke of Carton's absence and mock-griped about his partner slacking and sticking him with more work.  If they didn't know about the impending arrest, they look kinda dumb.

For those wondering, Carton was running some sort of ponzi scheme involving fake/non-existent concert tickets.  Apparently, he's got at least several million in gambling losses.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/06/wfan-host-craig-carton-arrested-by-fbi/

Edit: Boomer was a lot less casual about the arrest on today's show.  Change in tone makes me think they really didn't know what was going on yesterday.