DVDVR Message Board

SDL - 11/1/16 - God Bless That Chinless Freak

RIPPA

Well that was dreadful

I will have to look but I think all the matches (minus the Main Event) were combined under 10 minutes

And Daniel Bryan is a Matt Millen level GM

• Like 1

Randy Orton's eyes sparkled!   That means he's evil now!  

and fwiw, Ellsworth is phenomenal in this role.  He's obviously turning and leaving at Survivor Series, but man, he really seems to be enjoying his ride. 

I spent far too long trying to figure the rotation of brunette backstage reporters

For the record - for the moment it is now

RAW - Carly Caruso

Smackdown - Dasha Fuentes

NXT - Andrea D'Marco

The bullshit with the Wyatts and Orton tonight officially makes a worse "evil cult leader recruits new members" than the ROH angle with Kevin Sullivan.

Hopefully Miz quits and joins Raw and we get someone good and underutilized from Raw to jump to Smackdown.

This feud with Styles is the best Ambrose has looked in the ring since the Shield days and the most I've been interested in seeing him since.

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

So that has to be the last we see of Curt Hawkins - right?

The Headbangers and The Spirit Squad keep showing up so I doubt we're going to get that lucky.

2 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Hopefully Miz quits and joins Raw and we get someone good and underutilized from Raw to jump to Smackdown.

Trade Miz, Kalisto (He needs to be with the cruisers), Orton, and Kane to Raw for Sami, Neville, Cesaro, and Rusev.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

Is it possible that this entire Daniel Bryan retirement is one giant work to set up a match with Miz at Wrestlemania? I mean, it wouldn't be the strangest thing to ever happen on WWE TV.

It would be nice if he could be cleared for just one bump so we could witness the nuclear heat Miz would get giving Bryan a Skull-Crushing Finale. 

• Like 2

Solid show. Ambrose/AJ was good again. I'll take Orton joining the Wyatts over what they were doing before. Dolph facing a RAW guy at Survivor Series is interesting. Sami maybe? Women's tag seemed to mainly take place during the break. Alexa did well on the mic again and Carmella is getting a little better. I liked the Baron Corbin video. Probably should have followed it up with a squash match, though.

Talking Smack was pretty funny.

Mostly short matches this week but good story progressions. Alexa Bliss is so great, I almost wish she'd win the title next week even though she surely won't, looking forward to the match regardless. Loved Shane's interaction with Natalya. Not having Ziggler on Team SDL seemed like a misstep considering his role in 2012 & 2014. the Survivor Series tag seems very heel heavy with Reigns & Ambrose the only faces in there. Still think the Orton/Wyatt stuff is interesting as I didn't see Orton's turn coming at all. Ambrose/Styles was good again, loved the sequence of reversals towards the end.