DVDVR Message Board

SDL - 11/1/16 - God Bless That Chinless Freak

RIPPA

54 minutes ago, jstout said:

Shocked no one's mentioned Ambrose's on again, off again selling of his knee. "Oh, I hurt my knee. Let me celebrate by doing a dropkick, then 100 other big moves, then start selling my knee again."

Yeah, I definitely noticed it but I'm a bit forgiving since the match was somewhat rushed and they had a lot of stuff to get in with Ellsworth. He hasn't really done that to any great degree in the longer matches with AJ.

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm saving that for when he has a psychotic break and re-opens the Politics thread.  

Or when the Giants beat the Dolphins in the Super Bowl. 

Hey, I'm really beginning to think we needed the Politics thread for this election, just to see what word filters Dean came up with for the candidates, and if they were better than his filters for Biden and Palin.

Rippa's post mirrors many of my thoughts.  With the exception of the main event, all the matches were too short.  Literally half of the women's tag match happened during the ill-timed commercial break. 

The main event had its positives and negatives.  Styles is bringing out the best in Ambrose, and that's great to see.  But the Ellsworth saga is reaching the threshold of the absurd with the Keystone Cops chase down.  With Styles/Ambrose heading for TLC, they need to bring the feud back to a more serious level.  Ellsworth is great in his role, but I don't see where he'll be needed much longer.

Alexa can cut a good promo, she's the best among all women.  But in watching her last night, I kept thinking I'm just seeing a couple of high school mean girls with her and Carmella.  Meanwhile, Charlotte is an OK promo but who has the right condescending aura around her that I find more in keeping with a heel.  It sometimes feels like Alexa is playing a role while Charlotte feels like a true witch, if that makes sense.  I like Alexa though, I think she'll get it figured out sooner rather than later.

I like how Harper doesn't trust Orton.  I would love to see Harper take out Orton prior to Survivors Series and then take that spot.  This needs to ultimately lead to a Harper vs Wyatt showdown.

Corbin is being primed for a run of some sort. Not sure where just  yet. A mini feud with Styles after TLC maybe?

It'd be funny to see Shane as the one person who can understand Natalya's ramblings.

Putting the IC title on the line in a cross-promotion match will be entertaining, but SDL deserves to lose it based on simple hubris. I understand Bryan's POV, but he's allowing his dislike toward Miz to cloud his judgment. It would be in SDL's best interest to keep all their current titles--using it as leverage isn't a sound business plan. If looking at his and Maryse's wardrobe from last night as a cue, Miz will defect to RAW and win back the IC title, which plays into the Miz >>>> Bryan dynamic when it comes to WWE smarts.

Why spend nearly two months promoting Curt Hawkins, only to job him out in eight seconds?  What a waste of everyone's time.  They must be looking to fire him.

The tag matches were nothing.

It was a pretty blah show this week.  Not terrible, but definitely hampered by too many short matches and some goofy booking.

19 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trade Miz, Kalisto (He needs to be with the cruisers), Orton, and Kane to Raw for Sami, Neville, Cesaro, and Rusev.

I've been thinking all along a Kalisto/Orton to RAW for Cesaro/Zayn trade makes sense. Neville should stick with the Cruiserweights, though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Putting the IC title on the line in a cross-promotion match will be entertaining, but SDL deserves to lose it based on simple hubris. I understand Bryan's POV, but he's allowing his dislike toward Miz to cloud his judgment. It would be in SDL's best interest to keep all their current titles--using it as leverage isn't a sound business plan. If looking at his and Maryse's wardrobe from last night as a cue, Miz will defect to RAW and win back the IC title, which plays into the Miz >>>> Bryan dynamic when it comes to WWE smarts.

Yeah, this is what makes NO sense. Bryan specifically stated multiple times that the only reason he drafted Miz was to get the IC Title on his show. So why the hell would he allow Ziggler to defend it against someone from Raw? 

The only - ONLY - justification I can think of is that they will say the the IC title is property of Smackdown so if the RAW person wins they move the SDL

And SDL would be forced to give someone to RAW as a trade or something

It isn't great but that really is all I got

The above-mentioned points plus Ziggler's insistence of wrestling all comers regardless of the circumstances or how foolhardy it might be is something Bryan himself would do, and he's allowing it based on that spirit.  I don't get why Bryan wouldn't put Ziggler in the SS match instead though.  Ziggler's a title holder and given his track record in SS matches he should be a sure fit. Bray on the other hand is notoriously self-interested and has no regard for authority or doing what he's told outside of his stable.

Rippa's idea would work, but it's still a silly thing to do. And if Miz wins it back, who's to say he didn't have a clause written in his new contract without Bryan's knowledge allowing him to move even while holding the belt.  It still comes down to Bryan wanting to stick it to Miz so bad that he puts the IC title in a precarious spot. Even if it works out for SDL, it's a bone-headed risk.

Unless they allow Shane and Bryan to choose the RAW star of their choice as compensation for losing the IC title.  But if they choose Zayn or Cesaro, as good as they are, it wouldn't make sense.  Because they don't hold any titles as of now. It needs to be a title-for-title exchange.

I suppose they could have Cesaro go after the title and allow him to switch promotions, but I'm assuming he's going to be tied up with tag team stuff.

(pauses)

They're going to move Reigns over to SDL with the US title, aren't they?  I'm joking, but on several levels, I could see it where it would work.