DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL: WEEK EIGHT

Dolfan in NYC

Well Brock can't possibly play worse, right? Lions will cure all that ails us!

I'm pretty sure it's Bill O'Brien's ultra complex offense that's the problem. For an offensive guru, our offense has been an utter, abject failure since he got here. Sure, we can blame the QBs, but nothing looks or works right. Maybe time to hire an experienced OC. Texans have the youngest coaching staff in terms of NFL experience, and that's including Crennel. That's terrifying.

14, 28, 33, 42.  

Those are the ypg Ajayi put up in his first 4 games as Miami's featured RB.  Don't pretend that he's Barry Sanders all of the sudden because he had 2 very good games. Ajayi did roughly between jack and shit until week 6. 

Foster beat him in training camp. Period.  Ajayi literally took his ball and went home Week 1. Then he gets the gig and lays 4 eggs in a row.  

I say this as a Dolphins fan and a man who hopes Ajayi is the future.  But, the rose colored glasses you've got on are blinding you to some serious red flags.  

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Member when Bobby Rainey was awesome for a couple games for Tampa Bay? I member.

It would be swell if Bobby Rainey could be awesome for a couple of games for the Giants

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

14, 28, 33, 42.  

Those are the ypg Ajayi put up in his first 4 games as Miami's featured RB.  Don't pretend that he's Barry Sanders all of the sudden because he had 2 very good games. Ajayi did roughly between jack and shit until week 6. 

Foster beat him in training camp. Period.  Ajayi literally took his ball and went home Week 1. Then he gets the gig and lays 4 eggs in a row.  

I say this as a Dolphins fan and a man who hopes Ajayi is the future.  But, the rose colored glasses you've got on are blinding you to some serious red flags.  

In the NFL in recent years, it seems that being a consistently good running back for the most part is almost impossible. It's one of the many reasons why Fantasy football is dumb. People waste early draft picks or spend high auction dollars on that year's "top running backs" for most of them not to pan out at season's end. The one sure thing usually is Adrian Peterson and he can't stay healthy, or Bell who can't avoid starting each season with a suspension.

As a Dolphins fan, it seems I keep hearing the "no, no Lamar Miller is really good" argument, and I have yet to see concrete proof of that being true.

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

14, 28, 33, 42.  

No, not rose colored glasses, just the idea that Gase somehow convinced himself that Foster would last the whole season.

*sigh*

Steelers @ Ravens on Sunday.  The Ravens could be 0 - Infinity and still end up beating the Steelers and injuring at least two of their starters.

I fear for the health of Landry Jones..

At least it is the early game so I can go play XBox and shoot something in frustration if Pittsburg loses. 

Better than being angry at dinner or going to bed pissed off.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

*sigh*

Steelers @ Ravens on Sunday.  The Ravens could be 0 - Infinity and still end up beating the Steelers and injuring at least two of their starters.

I fear for the health of Landry Jones..

At least it is the early game so I can go play XBox and shoot something in frustration if Pittsburg loses. 

Better than being angry at dinner or going to bed pissed off.

They are both on bye and play next week. 

On 10/25/2016 at 10:24 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Two Dolphins wins a row and two 200+ yard Ajayi games in a row got me like:

tumblr_inline_o0z06kJbQj1r79k32_500.gif

I hate Jay Ajayi less now.  

I drafted Ajayi in the last round of my keeper league...but I DROPPED HIM FOR BILAL FUCKING POWELL after he didn't even travel for the first game of the season...got me like:

0ingif-birds-goal-tortoise-899814.gif

• Like 2

Dude. Mountain Dew wings.  And those commercials are not, at all, the height of tedium.  Plus the amazing customer service and incredible turn around time for food that should only take 12 minutes from order to table. 

I think you're selling BWW short. 

• Like 1