DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - WILDCARD / DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS

Dolfan in NYC

It's something he did at the end of his last regular season appearance in Boston. A Japanese-style hesitation move. Both times it worked. It definitely will mess with a hitter's timing if you're only doing it once and in crunch pitches.

Happ left two men on in each of the first 4 innings. He wasn't giving up runs, but he was getting dangerously close.

Gibby's bullpen, outside of Osuna, looked horrific today. As bad as a bullpen effort that does not include an Aaron Loup appearance. They need the starters to go 6+ to help ease my nerves. :)

Days like today are the reason why people still talk about moving Sanchez to the bullpen.

37 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Happ left two men on in each of the first 4 innings. He wasn't giving up runs, but he was getting dangerously close.

Gibby's bullpen, outside of Osuna, looked horrific today. As bad as a bullpen effort that does not include an Aaron Loup appearance. They need the starters to go 6+ to help ease my nerves. :)

Days like today are the reason why people still talk about moving Sanchez to the bullpen.

It really shouldn't be this hard to acquire bullpen help but it's been two years in a row with brutal depth out there. I hope Liriano is okay because he's the only reliever out there I kind of trust and he can eat up innings while bridging to Osuna.

Cleveland has such a great team even with the key injuries. They were being sold short big time by prognosticators going into this match-up. I fucking hate their nickname and the half-measures they've taken on that front though.

• Like 1

We aren't getting the prime Kershaw right now luckily.  I am sure the pitch count is an issue but the biggest problem is the lack of communication with the catcher.  I am assuming this isn't the normal Dodger catcher because he is struggling

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

It really shouldn't be this hard to acquire bullpen help but it's been two years in a row with brutal depth out there. I hope Liriano is okay because he's the only reliever out there I kind of trust and he can eat up innings while bridging to Osuna.

Cleveland has such a great team even with the key injuries. They were being sold short big time by prognosticators going into this match-up. I fucking hate their nickname and the half-measures they've taken on that front though.

A lot of bad happenstance for the jays bullpen. Last year Cecil was lights out but gets hurt, Latroy Hawkins wore out, Mark Lowe lost his Seattle form.  This year Storen sucked Cecil lost it. Benoit showed something but gets hurt.  Grilli is looking tired.  On paper the pen wasn't expected to be an issue this year.

He's the fucking man. What a beaut'. I fell in love with him after reading that ESPN article about his sister from last year. The fact he's this wiz kid with an obvious wart that he's been working on so hard makes him even more endearing. Go, Cubs, go!

• Like 1

No one likes to use the term momentum but Boston had that 11-12 game unbeaten string then that last series against Toronto they seemed to cool off and they havent picked it up again.  But of any team in this postseason they can go out and bludgeon their way to 7 straight wins to get to the series