DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - WILDCARD / DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, pipGofern said:

I have never seen a bullpen meltdown like this. 5 fucking pitchers?!?!? Brutal.

Pretty Par For The Course for the 2016 Giants since the all star break.

What has been a strength of the team has abruptly become really, really bad.

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! 

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! 

Welp, now that it's pried out of my cold dead hand, I hope you get to find out how I felt in 2010.

[For real though they better fucking beat The Dodgers too.]

1 minute ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Welp, now that it's pried out of my cold dead hand, I hope you get to find out how I felt in 2010.

Thanks man. You're a right good dude. I can't believe how that series ended. Holy shit.

3 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

How dare you sir!!  Although I do appreciate you giving LAD the nod in Thursday's game 5. I too am hoping for a Dodger - Cubs NLCS.

You rooted for Uribe in blue, do it for Hill and Reddick and Ethier and Blanton and Chavez. Did I get them all currently on the roster? I left out Geren, but he counts too. 

Dan Johnson is in the system right now trying to make a comeback as a knuckleballer, so throw him in as well.

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Josh Reddick and the 87 other ex-A's on the Dodger roster deserve to be on the right end of a Game 5 for once. :)

But a rivalry is a rivalry and I haven't forgotten Kirk Gibson, so...

Also, let's be fair here.  The Nationals are a paper tiger until proven otherwise and Dusty's as star-crossed as they come (as Craig and I and any DVDVR Reds fan who I've failed to notice can tell you).  I'll believe the Nats can actually win a playoff series when I see it, not before.

11 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

You rooted for Uribe in blue, do it for Hill and Reddick and Ethier and Blanton and Chavez. Did I get them all currently on the roster? I left out Geren, but he counts too. 

yeah but that was against the (and Piranesi, I say this with love) FUCKING Cardinals and the Red Sox still looming in the AL.  Special Circumstances, man. :)

Plus, the Dodgers have a shit ton of good young players and money, and they've already won the division 4 years in a row. If they go all the way they might not stop for a while.  I can't be having that.

They have good ownership now, I can't trust your team to implode anymore. :D

• Like 1