DVDVR Message Board

RAW is No Fancy Title

Niners Fan in CT

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and speaking of injuries

Using Cesaro's injury history for why he dropped in the draft is really fucking comical when Rollins went #1

It kind of does if you want to look at it as them willing to take a chance on Rollins at #1 since he has the title pedigree. Cesaro doesn't. You could also interpret it as them just throwing shade at him... maybe trying to slap him into going on a tear for them (since they did draft him after all).

Look at it this way - RAW picked the following people ahead of Cesaro

Rollins - coming out major injury

Reigns - fresh off suspension

Sami Zayn - worse injury than Cesaro

Big Show - Old and frequently injured

Neville - coming out major injury

So yeah "throwing shade"

Of course I would have been more insulted if I was Sheamus since he was the one picked AFTER Cesaro but they failed to mention that last night

Hasn't Cesaro been injured twice in two years now? Rollins was WWE champ when injured and had beaten Roman for the belt seemingly only losing it because of the MITB cash in. Suspension or not Reigns was just champ and was in a match where the world title was being decided. Neville can be the face of an entire division in the cruiserweights. I have little defense for Show or Sami, but those first three before Cesaro made perfect sense.

The whole point of Banks-Enzo wasn't to set up an on-screen couple, I'd say, it was to set up Enzo-Cass vs. Jericho-Owens.

I deleted it off my DVR, but did anyone else hear Anderson loudly (I mean shouting) call for the finish of their match with the New Day? I could swear I heard him yell "slide back," which could be another way of calling for a backslide, of course.

Jericho's playing his character perfectly - read somewhere he's gonna be making one of his exits in a couple of months. Shame, he's like midcard superglue at the moment. Beef McFlanksteak's next jobber should be named "Jimmin Marvenlunder." The wrestling world needs Jericho at the moment, much like it needs short, entertaining segments starring Heath Slater. He's been an untold joy the last couple of shows, and I'm hoping he shows up again tonight on Smackdown. Did they just not let him show any personality in his previous run, or did I miss it? I likely missed it, I'd say. But I could watch him showing up, talking in that Jamie Noble 2K16 fashion about how he's the greatest and then getting destroyed all day.

EDIT: Oh, when's the last time a card has been hotter, storyline-wise, than SummerSlam's? Was WrestleMania's this tight? Nothing seems thrown together at all.

What matches does Smackdown currently have on SummerSlam? From my count, it's just Ambrose/Ziggler, and then Orton is in the match with Brock, which is "interpromotional". I'm sure we'll also get Cena/AJ, but other than those two and a half, the entire SummerSlam card seems like it's going to be RAW matches. What else can SD even throw out there? Maybe matches to crown their own Tag and Women's Champs? Just seems like SS is pretty RAW heavy so far.

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

Seth's not Bill Murray in Ghostbusters. He's not even John Murray in Moving Violations.

I don't know. He certainly showed more life in the 30 seconds he had in Sharknado 4 the other night than Bill Murray has in any in the last decade (except for Zombieland).

Charlotte was awesome in the opening seg and the hot ending with the RKO outta nowhere ruled, the highlights of the show for me. I liked the whole "that's a Smackdown guy!" as security chase out the invader. They don't bother when it's Heath Slater. Interested to see what they end up doing with Jinder Mahal back, should be a solid midcard addition.

Plus it's Rollins' laugh. It's like he's getting ready to tie someone to some train tracks. Grade A "acting" there.

With Summerslam, Raw is the stronger show, and I'd still say Smackdown's saving some of its juice for its first brand-only PPV. We'll get Cena-AJ out of tonight, most likely, and that'll be cool. Ziggler-Ambrose not so much, but that's WWE saving something better for later when it knows the Raw side of Summerslam is so loaded. Summerslam's gonna be strong, and it's gonna set the bar high for the first Smackdown PPV, which it can't reach. Though we could see more call-ups from NXT after the Brooklyn show.

Who's the strongest tag team on Smackdown other than American Alpha? The Usos? Am I forgetting someone? Every good act needs a foil to become great. Would Roode and Eric Young be a good tag team? I'm cheering for wrestling again because the possibilities of both shows being really cool again are there, it just requires the proper execution. The talent's there or can be there.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Hasn't Cesaro been injured twice in two years now? Rollins was WWE champ when injured and had beaten Roman for the belt seemingly only losing it because of the MITB cash in. Suspension or not Reigns was just champ and was in a match where the world title was being decided. Neville can be the face of an entire division in the cruiserweights. I have little defense for Show or Sami, but those first three before Cesaro made perfect sense.

I would pick Show over Cesaro if the draft was legit because I already have the current (Roman/Rollins) and the future (Neville/Zayn). Show fills the role of attraction, he's not going to be the headliner but he's still physically impressive to see. Cesaro is 35, has frequent injuries, and has been languishing in the mid-card whereas everyone above him has been a top champion in WWE (Big Show was World Heavyweight Champion in 2012-2013) or NXT.

4 hours ago, MADCAP said:

My favorite part of RAW was backstage, when the trainer asked Big E "where does it hurt?" after being posted. 

The trainer should have asked Big E to point out on a Big E action figure where the bad men hurt him. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The trainer should have asked Big E to point out on a Big E action figure where the bad men hurt him. 

Big E! Big E! Where is it Big E?  Is it the Banana or the oranges?

ITS"  ALL THREE!!!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The best wrestling mustache will always be Big Bully Busick.

It's why I qualified "in 2016"

I feel a lot of people also sleep on American Starship era Scott Hall.

Spoiler

tumblr_mzh5ccqnCt1sg99p0o1_500.png

Edited by Sammo~!
Spoilered for size