DVDVR Message Board

Olympics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Judge orders Lochte and others to stay in Brazil over robbery incident.

oops, he is already back in US. 

Am I the only one who was skeptical about his story from the moment he told it?  Him trying to negotiate with the gunman sounded absurd to me.  Ryan Lochte doesn't strike me as the type of dude who would be calm when someone pulls a gun on him.  Matter of fact there is only one type of person who is calm when a gun is pulled on him...

Spoiler

jules.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I saw Simone and Aly got the gold and silver in the floor routines. I mean it's almost unfair how great both of them are on floor.  Also,  Aly said she hasn't ruled out 2020.  She'd be 26.  I don't know about that but I'd like to see it.  Simone will be 23 then,  I think she'll be back.

Beth Tweddle didn't retire from Gymnastics until she was 28 (and won an Olymipc Bronze when she was 27). But she's very much the exception.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

The irony of Americans crying about the conditions in Rio and the doping violations and you end up with the most embarrassing incident.

Pat Hickey may disagree. Lochte was not arrested naked on camera. 

That GB vs NZ hockey match.

Wow. Imperious performance by team GB in the final half. First quarter, NZ bossed it, second quarter was GB finding out how to combat NZ and working well with penalty corners. Final half, GB were first to every ball, first to every tackle and forced those horrendous tackles in the NZ area. 

Lily Owsley has the opportunity to become player of the semi and final. 

GB could really win it. 8 from 8 and the Richardson-Walsh couple could retire on top.

Worth a watch on Friday.

I never pictured Ryan as being part of something like this.  Yet he always came off to me like a peculiar fellow so I can't say I'm shocked by this.  He struck me as the talented younger brother who's in way over his head.

What the hell is doing Tyson Gay in Rio? 4 years ago the relay got disqualified due to him doping and now he is nominated again? Okay, he is now much slower than he was before being banned, so I assume he is clean(er), but still. I mean it is not like he qualified at the trials.

So the US women's relay team just crashed out of the 4X100 relay (kinda literally) as they dropped the baton

But they have filed a protest saying that the baton fuck up was caused because the Brazilian team got in the way

rhi9g6ybp8j3fzosfjhj.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So the US women's relay team just crashed out of the 4X100 relay (kinda literally) as they dropped the baton

But they have filed a protest saying that the baton fuck up was caused because the Brazilian team got in the way

rhi9g6ybp8j3fzosfjhj.jpg

The relays specifically the baton usually bring carnage/clusterfuck.