DVDVR Message Board

Brock Lesnar Finalizes Deal for Fight at UFC 200

Elsalvajeloco

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Holy shit at this unprecedented deal arrangement, Brock Lesnar fights at UFC 200! In return WWE gets coverage and Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania XXXIII? 

Didn't Frank Mir piss hot? That rules him out as Brock's opponent. I can see Brock vs. Bigfoot.

Where are you getting the info that RR/Brock is an arrangement between wwe/ufc?  From everything ive read, brock asked for a possible ufc fight option in his last wwe contract. 

15 minutes ago, misanthrope304 said:

Where are you getting the info that RR/Brock is an arrangement between wwe/ufc?  From everything ive read, brock asked for a possible ufc fight option in his last wwe contract. 

At this point, that is more or less speculation. No one I've seen reputable has said that.

Around the time McGregor got pulled from UFC 200 (mid April), an inquiry was made to Lesnar about fighting on the show and he has been reportedly been training since then. However, the deal wasn't finalized until very recently. I am assuming around the time his profile was "accidently" added back to UFC.com

• Like 1

Yeah, people fantasy booking WWE's benefit from this may be misguided. There is literally no way they want this to happen and it's absurd they let it happen in the contract negotiations. 

That said, can't wait for the fight!

9 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

Looking over the roster, I'd go with Francis Ngannou just because the staredown would be insane. The Beast vs The Predator

Ngannou is fighting on the Fox show in Chicago. Anyway, I don't think they would put him in that position as like the lone, interesting heavyweight prospect. However, that fight would get his name out there because I think that's a really bad fight for a semi-retired fighter who is barely even focused on pro wrestling.

8 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Yeah, people fantasy booking WWE's benefit from this may be misguided. There is literally no way they want this to happen and it's absurd they let it happen in the contract negotiations. 

That said, can't wait for the fight!

When it comes to negotiations, WWE doesn't have a lot of room to say no to Brock. I think you have to look at the WWE's side on how likely they thought he would exercise that option.

29 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

When it comes to negotiations, WWE doesn't have a lot of room to say no to Brock. I think you have to look at the WWE's side on how likely they thought he would exercise that option.

They clearly underestimated the strength of his drive to hit people for real, something that most people, given huge amounts of money would not particularly miss or feel the need to seek out. 

But can you blame them?  Whatever his issues, and unlike Brock, Vince is at least motivated by human desires, anxieties, and limitations.

Look at it this way.  There is apparently no amount of money even the U.S. government could offer Brock Lesnar that would sucessfully divert him from his natural desire to break human bones.  This is probably the only thing that keeps Brock from abducting and hunting humans for awhile and that's a win in that it means that you and me and everyone else don't have to look over our shoulder on your way to work for awhile.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, piranesi said:

They clearly underestimated the strength of his drive to hit people for real, something that most people, given huge amounts of money would not particularly miss or feel the need to seek out. 

But can you blame them?  Whatever his issues, and unlike Brock, Vince is at least motivated by human desires, anxieties, and limitations.

Look at it this way.  This is probably the only thing that keeps Brock from abducting and hunting humans for awhile and that's a win in that it means that you and me and everyone else don't have to look over our shoulder on your way to work for awhile.

I don't think it's much his drive (although that probably played a part when he did the mini training camp before going back to WWE) as it is just too much to turn down. Because of his star power, he can literally have whatever he wants. There are very few people that have that bargaining power in boxing, MMA, or pro wrestling.

I think another part is that Vince backing up the Brinks truck for a super comfortable schedule for Brock doesn't change the fact the UFC is still around in a big way. If this was UFC in 2014, this certainly wouldn't be happen. However, since the UFC is on this unbelievable hot streak since early last year when it comes to big shows and crazy moments, why not return at UFC 200 if he can do it? I thought it was very weird that MMA writers closed the door that early on Lesnar returning to the UFC especially considering Zuffa is willing to make a lot more concessions when it comes to superfights and one off fights that ultimately mean nothing long term. I mean if Brock can take a show that was going to do 750k-900k on PPV to doing possibly double the low end of that range, why not throw money his way?

I wonder if brock is gonna have to use the reebok gear or if he will be repping dethclutch/jimmy johns/rocky boots....possibly even tapout...

If the barnett thing happens, and I kinda want it to happen, but ill barnett wear underoos lol.

Imagine, njpw announcer chokes out Brock, hey, it could happen.

You (and they) might not care if Mir pissed hot, but the Nevada State Athletic Commission probably would. And they have a bit more of a say on things, really.

• Like 4

He also just confirmed he's "on the card" for SummerSlam, for the people that care about that part.

Brock Lesnar "doesn't know" about the Helwani situation, either.

1 minute ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Why the hell would Brock want to fight Hunt. I mean I know, money, but the guy that curls up when he is punched and is going against THE knockout artist.

FTFY

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Why the hell would Brock want to fight Hunt. I mean I know, money, but the guy that curls up when he is punched and is going against a knockout artist.

Hunt's takedown defense is sorely lacking, though.

9 minutes ago, Ace said:

Hunt's takedown defense is sorely lacking, though.

This isn't really 2010 Losing to Sean McCorkle Mark Hunt anymore though.

Stipe Miocic beat him up because he is legitimately a top 5 heavyweight with or without the title. Lesnar has been out of fighting for 4 and 1/2 years. In that time, Hunt has revitalized his career and made tremendous improvements defensively when it comes to grappling.

Trying to bowl Hunt over is going to get him hit with an uppercut.