DVDVR Message Board

Brock Lesnar Finalizes Deal for Fight at UFC 200

Elsalvajeloco

2 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Oh wow, then even earlier - last full event i watched, I believe, was Lesnar's victory over Shane Carwin.  I feel old.

I'm looking forward to the fight - either Brock proves he was right about his condition and goes back to WWE an even bigger star, or Mark Hunt KTFOs him and gets a HUGE notch in his belt, and probably a damn nice PO for "defending" UFC against the returning invader.  And it's big money for everyone involved, possibly including WWE.

UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin, July 2010. If it's any consolation, bringing up those dates makes me feel old as well and we're in agreement about Lesnar vs. Hunt. Kudos to Brock facing a guy with that power he possesses.

Yeah, Brock deserves credit for choosing to walk into the meat grinder on his first fight back. I'm sure they asked Mark about the fight and he just shrugged and said "okay, sure". If I was Brock and they brought up Hunt... well, I might have a different reaction.

• Like 1

I'm trying to imagine going back in time and explaining Mark Hunt's career to people the night before he won the K-1 Grand Prix out of nowhere (I quite liked K-1 and followed it for a few years there, was great fun).

What a bizarre but wonderous journey.

I would absolutely take 2006 Brock to beat 2006 Hunt. Maybe even 2011 Brock to beat 2011 Hunt. But the 2016 versions? Hunt all the way. Unless something weird happens, like happens in fights smoetimes.

After Fox reported yesterday that PVZ is in discussions to appear at this year's SummerSlam, Forbes is now reporting WWE wants UFC to sign off on Ronda Rousey actually wrestling on next year's Wrestlemania card as part of the Lesnar deal.

15 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

WWE wants UFC to sign off on Ronda Rousey actually wrestling on next year's Wrestlemania card as part of the Lesnar deal.

Vince should ask Dana for a pony and a visit from Santa Claus while he's at it. 

Spoiler: he won't get those either.

• Like 1

Even if the UFC signed off, it would still be up to Ronda. For the Holm fight, she was adamant about not breaking camp to do something unrelated. She only went to Hell in the Cell last year because it was in LA. If the UFC books her within a certain timeframe next year, that could jeopardize any possibility of it happening.

2 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

Brock said he arm wrestled Vince for it.

Is Vince the least likely successful person of all time?  Oh wait, Trump just won the Republican nomination for President.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 9:58 PM, misanthrope304 said:

overeem was on the scott steiner/barry bonds diet, if ya catch my drift. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Krispy Kreme doughnuts.  I can eat a half dozen in one sitting and I never gain an ounce.

Hunt is a tall order for Lesnar.  He'd better work on his doubles.  If Lesnar doesn't take Mark down strong, he's going to eat a knee.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, J.T. said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Krispy Kreme doughnuts.  I can eat a half dozen in one sitting and I never gain an ounce.

Hunt is a tall order for Lesnar.  He'd better work on his doubles.  If Lesnar doesn't take Mark down strong, he's going to eat a knee.

Im thinking stiff arm and right hook/uppercut

Yeah, for a kickboxer, Hunt has never really thrown that many leg strikes. I mean, he's never needed to, and they're good when he does use them, but he just tends not to. With his constant height disadvantage vs every other Heavyweight ever (in both sports), he's best placed using his feet to step with.

Brock should be clean by now, he's had what...3 months to get clean? It wasnt like he woke up last week and wanted to fight again.  He probably got off the juice right before mania so he could compete at 200, get clean, and not deal with thise three months of testing.

I think Brendan Schaub made a good point, he could be straight guzzling horse semen for the hormones and still not save him from getting knocked the fuck out.

On the sponsorship tip: I forgot to mention the UFC does allocate two spots on fighters' shorts that the UFC reserves the right to use anytime. So if Lesnar has two or "magically" has more than two, I would not be surprised. Probably won't be Deathclutch or Tapout, but his other ones that are not apparel could be on there.

11 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

Brock should be clean by now, he's had what...3 months to get clean? It wasnt like he woke up last week and wanted to fight again.  He probably got off the juice right before mania so he could compete at 200, get clean, and not deal with thise three months of testing.

How could Brock have been on something.  I assume the WWE was testing him regularly and he always passed.  The company has a stringent wellness policy, you know.  Are you implying it's a sham?

[/beingcompletelyserioushere]

2 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

How could Brock have been on something.  I assume the WWE was testing him regularly and he always passed.  The company has a stringent wellness policy, you know.  Are you implying it's a sham?

[/beingcompletelyserioushere]

It is the Interwebs, you know?