DVDVR Message Board

NXT TakeOver: The End

The Natural

Bit lost where we're up to in NXT so I've put the card in spoilers for now. Here's the card:

NXT Championship, Steel Cage match. Samoa Joe (c) vs. Finn Balor.

NXT Women's Championship. Asuka (c) vs. Nia Jax

NXT Tag Team Championship. Jason Jordan/Chad Gable (c) vs. Scott Dawson/Dash Wilder

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Austin Aries.

I want to see every match. I expect the card to deliver as it should. Pity the show having to follow NXT TakeOver: Dallas, one of the best shows I've ever watched. Hope to fuck the subtitle doesn't mean the end of NXT and TakeOver specials.

My predictions:

NXT Championship, Steel Cage match. Samoa Joe (c) vs. Finn Balor: Joe.

NXT Women's Championship. Asuka (c) vs. Nia Jax: Asuka.

NXT Tag Team Championship. Jason Jordan/Chad Gable (c) vs. Scott Dawson/Dash Wilder: American Alpha.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Austin Aries: Swagsuke.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't one shorter match, but if you figure an average of 20 minutes per match with an average of 10 minutes of filler per match (hype videos, promos, and cage set-up), four matches is good.

2 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

Their standard deal has to tape at least an hour of NXT weekly TV before the show, right?

Normally yes but since The End is a Wednesday and then they are doing a taping the next day - they don't need to do it for this one

Almas has to be wrestling Dillinger right?

Since they announced the former Manny/Sombra would be wrestling and Dillinger kept talking about needing an opponent... right?

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Almas has to be wrestling Dillinger right?

Since they announced the former Manny/Sombra would be wrestling and Dillinger kept talking about needing an opponent... right?

When I am right I am right - Almas vs. Dillinger was officially announced on Twitter

1 hour ago, Suicane75 said:

I really wouldn't mind Dash & Dawson taking the belts back and maybe setting up a 2 out of 3 or some other sort of blowoff match.

I was wondering if it'll end in a time limit draw or some such setting up a gimmick match that headlines the next special.

This is fairly predictable...

Andrade beats Tye

AA beats Revival

Asuka retains vs. Nia Jax

Nakamura over Aries

Joe beats Balor to win the NXT title. I'm thinking we see hints of a Balor heel turn.