DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 32 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

That women's three way was nice. I think it was a couple days ago now, right?

This show was so long, Lana had left the building and my twitter feed was already full of her retweeting shots of her own ass and we still had at least two hours to go.

• Like 4

What the fuck story were they trying to tell in that main event? Roman Reigns uses a superman punch as one of his finishing moves, so let's build to Triple H working on his OTHER FUCKING ARM for 10 minutes right in the heart of the match. You could cut Reigns' left arm off completely and he could still do all his big moves.

Terrible.

• Like 3

During the preshow and the ladder match I was regretting not getting tickets.  The atmosphere was fucking incredible.

Then the rest of the show happened.

Literally Zack Ryder and Baron Corbin were the ONLY guys who came out of this show looking better than before the show started.

A flipped coin would have booked a better show.

Look, if you guys just stop talking about it, I will too.

We can just move on. It'll be like pulling a bandaid off. This can be a two page note buried on page 31. 

Let's just make a pact. We can do this. I know we can.

• Like 7

OK, I know people will claim "hyperbole," but that was the worst WM ever, maybe. It wasn't as good as IX. I'm thinking it might have been better than XVII, though, for three reasons:

1. The women's triple threat, which was the best match on the card by a long shot. It wasn't great or anything, but it was very good. Sure, the wrong person won somehow when they had two perfectly good winners to choose from instead, but hey, low expectations.

2. I'm pretty sure they sent the (of partially black heritage, LOL) Rock out there to beat Hogan's record of victory over Yokozuna. There might be a quicker victory on the WM I card, but I think they sold that Hogan victory as the fastest WM victory ever. Don't correct me if I'm wrong because I enjoyed that part of that otherwise dreadful segment.

3. Baron Corbin FUUUUUUCK YEAH. 

So, real talk: Was Shane McMahon/Undertaker the worst 10M+ match in WM history? I think that it is off the top of my head. I liked the Giant Gonzalez match better, which I think was the answer before tonight. 

Glad to see they had a big spot for The New Day! That sure got them over! Austin has been drinking too many damned Broken Skull IPAs, IMO. 

I don't have any words for this show. It sucked. All of the winners were people who nobody wanted or expected (and not in a good way). Ryder push 5 years too late? Sasha not winning the new Womens Title? Shane losing to 'Taker because lolstreak? AJ losing to fucking Jericho? Don't get me started on Reigns/HHH. If they don't pull the trigger on a heel turn soon, it's going to get worse. Tomorrow night is going to be BRUTAL for Reigns.

I should have spent 5 hours watching Takeover twice. Better investment of time.

There were a couple good things on this Mania like the Women's Match, Charlotte saving Sasha's life on a dive, the moonsault, STONE COLD vs RUSEV, Jericho/Styles before the finish and Zack Ryder getting his Mania moment.

The problem is that if you add all that together, it's about 10% of a 7 hour show.

Roman/HHH was perhaps Roman's worst singles match ever and had me begging for HHH vs Orton from WrestleMania 25. There was nothing as embarrassing in that match as HHH's jiu-jitsu.

I don't get all the complaints about Sasha not winning. There's still more of a chase to be done. She's barely been the focus and she's going to be there for years. No need to rush it.

• Like 1

A tad long, but I actually rank it right up there with WM31. Only match I didn't like was Ambrose/Brock, but I guess they saved the real hardcore shenanigans for Shane(who is certifiably insane) vs Taker.

Have no problem with Reigns winning, but I think a heel turn is imminent with him. 

My friend who doesn't watch the current product:  "I just watched an entire match of this guy [Reigns] and I still have no clue what the fuck his personality is supposed to be."

• Like 1

Had work but watched most of this. Almost took the day off for the show but I saw that card and said nah

Good stuff:

- Women's match

- Dean/Brock until the finish

- Shane's bump

Bad stuff

- Firebreaker Rock

- Main Event

- Show's length

- Dean/Brock finish

- Shane/Taker minus the bump

I didn't like Mania 30 or 31 and this was significantly worse.