DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 32 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

Chris Jericho was bordering on unprofessional with his smart veteran countering everything act in that match. Total joke Jericho won. 

Ryder getting the IC title was a legit great moment. Knowing what that would have meant to him. 

Who decided the Hell in the Cell match should be the worst possible shoot style match for the first half of it? Shane McMahon is no Volk Han that is for sure. 

Triple H's horror/nazi aesthetic reached a new level of weird. Only thing I'll remember about that match will be the confetti stuck to his forehead for a portion of the match. They actually could've gone home on somewhat of a high note, crowd reaction wise, had they gone home after Stephanie was speared. 

So bizarre how the things the crowd enjoyed most were things unannounced. Guess they think the show will sell itself. I wouldn't bank on that forever. 

Oh well at least RAW should be a fun train wreck. 

Charlotte is pretty much the best heel in the company at this point and her run really feels like it's just getting going. Her retaining the title is just about the only thing from this shitshow I didn't mind. Puts more heat on her and the title and it will make it a much bigger deal when Sasha (or whoever) finally beats her one-on-one. 

I think they can easily drag that out to Summerslam, or have it main event one of the spring PPV's.

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think Corbin is going to have a pretty hard time succeeding on the main roster once he gets there permanently. I know he was in there with Kane, Big Show, and Mark Henry; but he looked so average sized. The Ascension have the same problem. They looked like monsters in nxt, then get called up and no longer look imposing. 

That is what happens when you go from being the big fish in a small pond to a small fish in a big pond.

1 minute ago, bink_winkleman said:

I'm clueless about the anger over the Women's finish. Its not like Eva Marie won. Charlotte needs to be champ for a long, long time and Sasha needs a bigger chase. She's only been a face for like a few weeks.

Remember when WrestleMania was the place where faces got their big title wins? 

• Like 4

I'm clueless about the anger over the Women's finish. Its not like Eva Marie won. Charlotte needs to be champ for a long, long time and Sasha needs a bigger chase. She's only been a face for like a few weeks.

Thats this generation.  People expect them to flip the title back and forth Memphis style on a weekly basis

Sasha had a badass entrance.  The crowd wanted Sasha to win.  Sasha winning would have made her more than any other moment in the next year.  Thusly the crowd was pissed when it didn't happen.  Which sentence confuses you?

5 minutes ago, lovchunky said:

All of your champions were buried by either the fans or the booking. Part timers, legends, and NXT alums were the only to go over. 

Anybody else feel an NXT invasion angle coming on?

I watched this show.  No. You are literally the sucker who paid an insane amount to watch this show from a great distance.

I've been through the endless chase of a smug heel with Seth Rollins.  There is a point where you just can't keep throwing the person everyone wants to win out there and not letting her win before everyone stops caring.

They're going to Seth Rollins the women's title, arent' they?

3 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Sasha had a badass entrance.  The crowd wanted Sasha to win.  Sasha winning would have made her more than any other moment in the next year.  Thusly the crowd was pissed when it didn't happen.  Which sentence confuses you?

It's good heat. They're just getting started with Sasha because she can't stay healthy.

Becky's been more over to the non super hardcore crowds anyway. There's still work to be done.

1 minute ago, Josh Mann said:

I feel like the fact that no one has mentioned Owens trashing the Dusty Ladder in 7 pages is a travesty. THAT, kids, is heel commitment.

That's why to me he is the best thing currently on the show.

22 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Who the fuck were you watching this show with?

Also, Meltzer liked Makabe/Ishii, and I have given up on his opinion on pro-wrestling.

None of them had neckbeards, I'll give ya that. LOL!

Honestly, if Roman had lost, would you all be more positive? Every match was at least good. Some odd outcomes, yeah, but hey that's how it goes sometimes. Movies don't always have the endings we want, but that doesn't make them bad movies. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Thats this generation.  People expect them to flip the title back and forth Memphis style on a weekly basis

No the story was Becky Lynch is better than Charlotte and the only reason Becky isn't the champ is because Ric Flair has been helping his daughter beat her. This story has been told for months and the conclusion should be the plucky Babyface overcomes the heel champion, her father and the overrated flashy tweener to overcome the odds on the Grandest Stage of Them All

• Like 2

Both women's matches, the ladder match, and the New Day - League matches got me invested into them. Everything else didn't. I gave more of a shit about Brie Bella than I did about Triple H, The Undertaker, and the rest of the old-timers.