DVDVR Message Board

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CLASSIC (NO SPOILERS)

ChesterCopperpot

I think it's a copout now for Gargano and Ciampa to be in this.  I get it, they were Evolve guys, but it's not quite the same now that they signed exclusively with NXT.  But hey, it's bound to lead to good matches so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

Did they announce when the Evolve qualifying matches are happening?  If it's for the Joppa, MD show my excitement level will somehow be even more than it already it.

Well, there was some confusion over that. There was an announcement during Wrestlemania week that Gargano and Ciampa had signed a contract, which most initially thought to be an exclusive contract, but later turned out to be a contract, where they are still allowed to work Indies.

I guess before that they were only paid per appearance.

EDIT: By the way, Rich Swann is also part of this and he does have an exclusive WWE contract, so your argument works with him.

WWE announced another qualifying match - Noam Dar vs. Josh Bodom via the Rev Pro show on May 1

So obviously some of the previously announced guys will still go through the charade of qualifying

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

WWE announced another qualifying match - Noam Dar vs. Josh Bodom via the Rev Pro show on May 1

So obviously some of the previously announced guys will still go through the charade of qualifying

They probably should have held out on those Sabre Jr. and Noam Dar announcements, although there was never any question about Zack Sabre Jr. anyways.

So no Marty Scurll in this tournament after all? I didn't expect Will Ospreay in this, if he already signed a contract with NJPW. Tommy End claims he's not in it, because he's over the weight limit.

However, I also stumbled upon an Indy show happening in Italy on June 25th for which all three, Scurll, End and Ospreay, were booked months ago. It would be ridiculous, if that show was the reason neither of the three are in.

On April 15, 2016 at 1:52 PM, Casey said:

PROGRESS: Zack Sabre Jr versus Flash Morgan Webster / Jack Gallagher versus Pete Dunne

Sabre and Gallagher won their matches

Travis Gordon, who was one of the security guards on Raw, is someone I could very well see being in this. He would almost certainly be a first round loser, but could very well get a developmental contract out of it. He's inexperienced, but does some spectacular moves, and he's built kind of like current day Matt Sydal.

9 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

That's the first time I've ever even known of Jack Gallagher but I like what I see. Gonna go on a YouTube hunt.

To me - if more people just do this via guys they are exposed to than the whole thing is a success

• Like 2