DVDVR Message Board

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CLASSIC (NO SPOILERS)

ChesterCopperpot

Josh Bodom is a RevPro regular, and former Cruiserweight champion, whereas that was only Dar's second RevPro appearance in 3 years, so it's no surprise they wanted to keep Bodom strong.

so it looks like this is now being spread out over a few months

https://www.wwe.com/shows/cruiserweightclassic/article/cruiserweight-classic-tickets-full-sail

The Cruiserweight Classic will take place over the following four dates:
-Thursday, June 23
-Thursday, July 14
-Friday, Aug. 26
-Wednesday, Sept. 14

Tickets for all four events will be available beginning this Friday, May 20, at 10 a.m. ET. For complete ticket information, visitNXTTickets.com.

Well that will help somewhat with people being afraid of the entire tournament being spoiled

I also think this means the Finals are going to be live since they said it is a 10 week show starting July 13

Well the 10th week is Sept, 14

11 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'm just curious when the rest of the names will be announced.

With two NXT tapings and a Takeover over the next like 3 weeks - I could see some names being announced then.

Heck - I could see some qualifiers between NXT guys occurring at those tapings

I am a little unclear on how this reveal was made but during tonight's NXT tapings it was announced that the reward for winner the Classic is

Spoiler

the Cruiserweight Championship

• Like 1

On 5/17/2016 at 1:38 PM, RIPPA said:

With two NXT tapings and a Takeover over the next like 3 weeks - I could see some names being announced then.

Heck - I could see some qualifiers between NXT guys occurring at those tapings

I don't know if this is a spoiler, but from the tapings the other night, there weren't any Qualifying matches for the tournament. Maybe they'll do them at the next set of tapings? If not, maybe they're waiting until Takeover to release all the names/the brackets.

They definitely have enough wiggle room to burn the first week on intros and revealing the bracket and still show all the matches in full (and fill the last few weeks with random tags, etc..)

I just don't know if they are going to feel comfortable keeping people hooked if they don't show a single match during the debut week.

In fact - expect the people they plan on featuring the most to wrestle that first week

• 3 weeks later...

On today's conference call about Takeover - HHH said

– Hunter previewed the cruiserweight tournament that he hopes will be the best cruiserweight tournament of all-time. He said announcements about who will be in the tournament will be “coming up.” Hunter said there will be some big surprise inclusions and the presentation will be “totally different,” including the announce team.

I was just going to say something. There's only two more weeks until the first taping and they haven't announced any new participants in weeks.

Please don't screw this up, WWE. This is the most excited I've ever been about anything the WWE has done.