DVDVR Message Board

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CLASSIC (NO SPOILERS)

ChesterCopperpot

Have they actually announced if this is going to be single/double elimination or what?  I wonder if it's going to be like the WCW Crusierweight tournament where they just had a bunch of random sporadic matches and said there was some type of bracket set up.

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I love Dick Togo with all my heart but he hasn't seen the right side of 205 lbs in 25 years

They don't exactly have to do UFC style official weigh-ins do they?

9 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I also always thought Jericho was a little too big to be considered a Cruiserweight.

the WCW limit was 235 at one point.  Having La Parka as a cruiser kinda stretched even that.  What was next, the Honky Tonk Man?

In World Class, they had Cactus Jack as a light heavyweight at one point.

In his later years, Dick Togo started eating less dense foods in order to keep the same size, but drop weight.  He's like a giant marshmallow now.  Which is going to reduce the effectiveness of the senton somewhat, but you gotta make sacrifices in this business.

• Like 3

On 6/7/2016 at 4:40 PM, alstein said:

the WCW limit was 235 at one point.

I thought it was 225, but that still always seemed ridiculous to me since that's well into heavyweight territory in any other combat sport.

I remember Jericho making Prince Iaukea weigh in to prove he was under 225 (and then hitting him with the scale of course).

• Like 2

So on the EVOLVE show tonight - they had Regal announce that if Tony Nese wins Cruiserweight Classic Flashpoint match - he qualifies for it (he is the only guy in the match not in the tournament)

SO I have to assume he is winning

Apart from Ibushi (who everyone already suspected anyways) and Cedric Alexander that's a rather disappointing list.

I'm still perplexed that Marty Scurll isn't in this. I'm very happy for Da Mack, though.

21 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Somebody please book a Ring Ka King invasion at the Classic. Where's Romeo Rapta and Baroda?????

Dunno about Rapta, but Barood should invade with his entire wrestling school -

Spoiler

pg_1_1_1main.jpg

Also, cool to see Xtra Large in there. Is Mustafa Ali the guy from Dreamwave?

In addition to Trask's list, the following people have been announced as competing in the tournament, and it only takes us to 30 people:

Rich Swann
Tomasso Ciampa
Johnny Gargano
Ho Ho Lun
Akira Tozawa
ZSJ
Drew Gulak
TJP
Lince Dorado
Noam Dar
Jack Gallager.