DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS BRYAN - 2/8/16

RIPPA

My apologies if this is dumb, but while there's no one on the roster who will innovate and push WWE forward as much as Daniel Bryan, who does everyone think could be the next guy to really get behind and force WWE's hand?

Honestly I could see Bayley becoming the most over babyface in the company. I think Zayn and Balor will be really over, but Bayley could very well be the most likeable person in the history of the WWE and she appeals to all demographics. Don't fuck this up WWE I'm warning you.

I'm also curious to see how they handle Nakamura. Dude is pretty much the most charismatic wrestler on the planet, and a top tier worker. It's going to be hard to hold a guy that good down at a mid card level.

I think it's time they give Naomi another look.  And I don't mean gear, I mean she should be part of the contenders bracket of the women's division. Her strikes are lethal.  I've noticed that not just last night, she always throws vicious strikes in any beat down she's involved in.  She's not a bad talker either. 

I think if you have Naomi use more of a chaotic/brawling style and sprinkle in a couple aerial moves she could do very well for herself. 

Am I wrong?

• Like 1

I think it's time they give Naomi another look.  And I don't mean gear, I mean she should be part of the contenders bracket of the women's division. Her strikes are lethal.  I've noticed that not just last night, she always throws vicious strikes in any beat down she's involved in.  She's not a bad talker either. 

I think if you have Naomi use more of a chaotic/brawling style and sprinkle in a couple aerial moves she could do very well for herself. 

Am I wrong?

No, Naomi's got really good. I suspect that she's actually got quite a bit of working with Tamina and (particularly) Banks. The only problem she's going to have is keeping her personality as a babyface, but as the female ace of #theromanempire she would do well. As others have said, she'd probably benefit from a couple of NXT programs (vs Bailey and Asuka) but it might not be the best thing for her politically.

Naomi had a bunch of good matches with AJ Lee, as well as the FCW Divas' Title finale with Serena Deeb.

The AJ-Naomi match on NXT Season 3 was good enough that Michael Cole actually stopped burying the show for a moment to acknowledge how good the match was.

• Like 1

Am I wrong?

She's been getting better for a while now. The heel turned worked wonders for her. For one, it exposed that she was a good talker to many people who ignored her feud with Cameron lol And two, she's working a better style now. It also helps that she's getting more match time.

Naomi had a bunch of good matches with AJ Lee, as well as the FCW Divas' Title finale with Serena Deeb.

The AJ-Naomi match on NXT Season 3 was good enough that Michael Cole actually stopped burying the show for a moment to acknowledge how good the match was.

Yeah, the poor FCW Diva's Division. There was some good talent there that would have benefited from being a part of what NXT is now.

I doubt any WWE wrestlers comes here anymore after Rippa banned CM Punk.

I've been here over a decade and I don't think I've ever heard this story.

https://twitter.com/cmpunk/status/351183883343110145

This was legit the greatest moment in board history.  For those of you who missed it, the absolute funniest part of this whole exchange is that the person asking the question on twitter is the real FSW.

• Like 3

The promo Naomi cut on Paige about how the latter always gets chances at the Divas Championship was hot.  She's one of the best talkers in the division.  Her as the unofficial first lady of The Roman Empire would be great.  She can go around terrorizing everyone because she's got her cousin by marriage's protection--give me that story.

The only major thing I'd change about Naomi is her finisher.  Unless you're her father-in-law, butt-based offense isn't the way to go.  Find something flashy and high-impact, and she'll be in good shape.

• Like 2

The promo Naomi cut on Paige about how the latter always gets chances at the Divas Championship was hot.  She's one of the best talkers in the division.  Her as the unofficial first lady of The Roman Empire would be great.  She can go around terrorizing everyone because she's got her cousin by marriage's protection--give me that story.

The only major thing I'd change about Naomi is her finisher.  Unless you're her father-in-law, butt-based offense isn't the way to go.  Find something flashy and high-impact, and she'll be in good shape.

She has several better finishers.  Split-legged moonsault(probably too flashy for a heel), the Spider Twist submission she occasionally uses, plus I think she's used the low-flying rana that Kalisto's been using lately.

(EDIT:  Corrected a misspelling, though I wonder if there's a really weird indie gimmick where a guy calls his finisher the "monosault".)

• Like 1