DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS BRYAN - 2/8/16

RIPPA

I wonder where the exiled DVDVR people congregate.  Is there a Reddit group for that?

(Wanting to know for when I finally get the axe.)

Twitter, apparently.

I will say that after Daniel Bryan announced his retirement on Twitter, I saw some OLD as hell DVDVR names that I haven't seen in forever. I'm talking about the board that came about after the green board that was ruined by the Dutch kind of old. It was nice to know those people were still alive. I'd rather see more from them than djdobbo and sodutw.

The only major thing I'd change about Naomi is her finisher.  Unless you're her father-in-law, butt-based offense isn't the way to go.  Find something flashy and high-impact, and she'll be in good shape.

I think its fine. Its one of the few butt-based offensive moves that looks damaging, and it works well as a flash counter. That said I do like the spider twist and hope she uses that as her main finisher as its pretty damn cool.

• Like 1

I wonder where the exiled DVDVR people congregate. Is there a Reddit group for that?

(Wanting to know for when I finally get the axe.)

Twitter, apparently.

UH UH! Some people don't have Twitter, and never have

"Idiots."

• Like 1

The only major thing I'd change about Naomi is her finisher.  Unless you're her father-in-law, butt-based offense isn't the way to go.  Find something flashy and high-impact, and she'll be in good shape.

I think its fine. Its one of the few butt-based offensive moves that looks damaging

It doesn't remotely look damaging. It looks like they're running face-first into her butt. It looks like it should be called the "ass to mouth".

The headscissor face-plant she'd been using to set it up looks way better.

The promo Naomi cut on Paige about how the latter always gets chances at the Divas Championship was hot. She's one of the best talkers in the division. Her as the unofficial first lady of The Roman Empire would be great. She can go around terrorizing everyone because she's got her cousin by marriage's protection--give me that story.

The only major thing I'd change about Naomi is her finisher. Unless you're her father-in-law, butt-based offense isn't the way to go. Find something flashy and high-impact, and she'll be in good shape.

Her father in law is Iceman King Parsons?

• Like 1

How is anyone supposed to take Naomi's finisher seriously in a post-buttfumble world?

In addition to all the other legitimate complaints mentioned, it just looks stupid. A jumping kick or knee would accomplish the same thing without all the negatives. I'm not really as high on Naomi as everyone else, but her finisher is the first and most obvious fix if you want to push her. The next thing would be ditching Tamina. Naomi looks like a good athlete who can handle her own business, and a bodyguard gimmick needs to be an order of magnitude more intimidating. There's not a big enough gap between Naomi and Tamina for that dynamic to work, and (though I'm sure this won't endear me to some) Tamina doesn't really bring much else to the table. Naomi would be better off with Cameron as a weasely heel manager that doesn't wrestle as a second.

The promo Naomi cut on Paige about how the latter always gets chances at the Divas Championship was hot.  She's one of the best talkers in the division.  Her as the unofficial first lady of The Roman Empire would be great.  She can go around terrorizing everyone because she's got her cousin by marriage's protection--give me that story.

She can use that RVD Moonsault thing he does(yes, she can do it). Or She can be super crazy and start using Springboard Dives(Yes, she can do that too). Honestly, she is one of the most athletic people on the roster, man or female. It's crazy how underused she is.

• Like 1

I'm not sold on Cameron's ability to do anything. She is really good on Total Divas because she can bring the drama. A show like Love and Hip-Hop would adore Cameron. But how does her fiery personality fit on the main roster?  I don't think it does. I think she may receive her walking papers sooner than later. They aren't even using her on Total Divas anymore.

I hate Naomi's finisher because it has pretty obvious and terrible racist overtones.

Well since Vince's first choice was a headbutt, they should be applauded for showing at least some restraint.

Speaking of headbutts, Tamina's headbutt looked fucking vicious.

I think its fine. Its one of the few butt-based offensive moves that looks damaging, and it works well as a flash counter. That said I do like the spider twist and hope she uses that as her main finisher as its pretty damn cool.

I like it as well. Asuka's flying hip attacks have been killer in NXT, especially in the great match with Emma particularly the one off the apron but she always nails it.