DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS BRYAN - 2/8/16

RIPPA

I won't lie:  I was feeling along the same lines as Nice Guy Eddie on some level.  However, over time it became clear that he SHOULDN'T have been medically cleared and I settled into some form of acceptance.

So, for Burgundy and Raziel's benefit:  I was wrong.

As for the show proper:

Looks like it's time for the annual Bray Wyatt push to build him up for SOMEONE to crush at Mania.

Ryback's really growing on me...we very nearly saw the long-awaited debut of the Big Guy Sault before the Family members distracted him.

They REALLY don't want AJ to talk.

Really liked the Ambrose push.

Random Tamina win but it got the storyline across (team vs. two individuals).  Crazy that we've already got two confirmed women's matches for Fastlane.

Dudleys turning on the Usos made some sense since They Want Da Belts too.  Hope Jey's not too badly hurt.

To build off of what Patrick mentioned, I really want to see Ambrose vs Lesnar at WM more than anything else. They're sitting on a goldmine with Ambrose not backing down and I hope they realize it. The Wyatts could face anyone at WM.

• Like 1

I only saw the Dudley turn and the Speech. The media clatter reinforces to me that DB may go down as the most underutilized talents ever (and in the way that when it finally happened, he was on the way out).  And holy hell was that speech incredible.

I also noticed one of the Uso's holding his knee after the beatdown and I thought that might be legit since there was no leg shots to sell that I could remember.

They REALLY don't want AJ to talk.

They're doing him a favor, to be honest. I know one of the reasons they're not letting him talk is due to Vince's irrational hatred of everything Southern, but can you imagine how bad AJ trying to cut a WWE scripted promo would sound?

I mean I understand why they turned the Dudleys heel but it's gonna be weird if they are going with heel vs. heel for the titles (though knowing the WWE they are probably going "BOTH ARE CHEERED!")

A heel Dudleys vs Enzo and Cass is a great way to bring em up.  They can rag doll Enzo and Enzo can promo against other people who can talk.  I would love that.

Re: AJ: Understood, but I've never seen a situation so blatantly obvious as in this case.

New Day makes everything better.

Have always liked Alicia on some level.  Wish the Northern Lights was a real finisher for her, both because I like the move itself and because she does a REALLY good one.

I also noticed one of the Uso's holding his knee after the beatdown and I thought that might be legit since there was no leg shots to sell that I could remember.

I think that was Jey, who I believe is the one who was hurt before.  I started to think it was legit when he had to be all but ordered to get up so the turn could happen. 

Awesome Bryan segment.  What did Titus do to Vince at the end of the show?  Vince must love Titus so much.  

Just two alphas shoving each other and grunting.  I assume they are best friends and Titus travels to shows on Vince's jet.

• Like 1

Ambrose going from crazy guy who always loses to crazy guy who CANT BE KILLED is the best thing they could do for him.  He can lose all the time and it actually won't matter if they do it right.  He just needs a few Foley type moments and he is completely made.

Well, yeah.

All things considered, though, Ambrose has avoided that secondary title curse remarkably well.

Meanwhile, Kalisto is hit-and-miss.  The feud with Del Rio feels like it's brought Del Rio down more than it's elevated Kalisto.