DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS BRYAN - 2/8/16

RIPPA

I think they've created a strong dynamic with the main event.  Brock is literally a tornado in human form, violent and destructive with no concern for anyone in his path.  He's set on KILL at all times.

Ambrose is the dude pissing into the tornado.  He's howling with the wind, come hell or high water.  Ambrose is from the streets.  To survive, you do whatever it takes.  If that means low-blowing your opponent, then you low-blow him.  React now, deal with the aftermath later.

Reigns looks like he's merely standing on the edges, but that's strategic on his part.  He knows what Brock is capable of.  He understands there's nothing to be gained from riling up Lesnar beforehand.  The dude is in rage mode even on a good day, agitating him makes things worse. Take Brock's abuse when the situation calls for it, but not a minute before.  If Dean wants to test Lesnar, who is Roman to stand in the way of that?  Sure, he'll come out to distract Brock for you--after he's mollywopped your ass.  Just doing what his little brother asked for, right?

If Brock is focused on Ambrose, Reigns can let them go at it for a while.  Dean gets beat down, Brock gets tired from beating down Dean, Roman swoops in for the win.

While it seems like the outcome is obvious, a fan keeps in the back of his mind that plans have changed before.  I'm sure the match will be a good one.

What else is likely to be on the card?  Ziggler-Owens again?  Usos-Dudleys for the next shot at New Day?  New Day vs....um...Swagger & Henry?  Golden Truth?

I think they should have the Shield reunite and turn heel at the ppv? Is Rollins close to being ready? It can be just Ambrose and Reigns, as a group they are way more powerful. 

Interesting use of Brock as he goes on a rampage in a logical way. He knows he can beat Ambrose with little trouble and he can probably beat Reigns but need close to full power. So he sends the table into Reigns so he can take out Ambrose. But he did not count on Ambrose being nuts. Even though I knew it was impossible, I expected Ambrose to switchblade Brock. 

I honestly did not see the final segment. Sleep aids kicked in and I decided to watch Fist of the Northstar. I hope Bryan finds whatever he is looking for. He seems like a genuinely good person and deserves to be happy. 

Rollins is probably out until May-June, and that's pushing it.  I'm thinking more along the lines at SummerSlam for his return.  And they have to address his betrayal if the band gets back together--which they haven't done.

The thing about Brock is even though he seems out of control, he's pretty logical in how he destroys you.  Dean isn't all the way crazy, but he does something on a dime that you don't see coming.  Ambrose's randomness confuses Brock.  They've highlighted that well in the past couple of weeks.

I think keeping Brock/Roman at arm's length is smart, too.  He beat the stuffing out of Roman last year, but Brock knows Reigns is hard to keep down.  So neutralize the danger you know.   They have unfinished business, but they can take care of it later.

They've done a good job of making any outcome plausible, especially with the huge push of Ambrose/Lesnar in recent weeks.  I imagine Lesnar is locked in with Wyatt(thus Bray's buildup in recent weeks), so that leaves the Shield remnants.  It'll be interesting to see if Dean drops the I-C between now and Fastlane.

They should run Lesnar/Ambrose at Mania in a street fight so Ambrose can level the playing field with weapons. This is the most they've probably ever done to get Dean over as a crazy man.

AJ will talk eventually but he seems pretty over just doing this so why rush it?

Holy crap, this fucking dust coming through the HVAC vents is killing my eyes.

And NO ONE wants AJ to talk because of the accent and for fear he will say something stupid.

What does that even mean "say something stupid"? Does AJ have a history of saying "stupid" things in promos throughout his career? I'm pretty sure he's not going to start talking about a certain community in his wrestling promos if that's what you're going for there with that little remark. The guy has been a pro for 15+ years I'm pretty sure he can handle a few lines here and there.

Having a night to sleep on it I really feel good about last night. Bryan really came off as being at peace with this and that it's okay he's moving to the next phase of his life.

He's basically the same age as me. I hope retiring now means he can have like 50 healthy years ahead of him as a family man and (no doubt someday) WWE part time authority figure.

• Like 1

I thought they should've given Ambrose at least a LITTLE offense at the beginning there against Brock before Brock took over. That would really have gotten Ambrose over a lot more, if he called Brock out, took it to Brock, and Brock actually was taken down a peg or two BEFORE slaughtering him. This entire build to the triple threat, though, has been about Ambrose with Reigns as an afterthought. I wonder if they're building up Ambrose to either actually pull off the shocking upset, or if they'll do something like a dual pin on Brock and then The Authority forcing Ambrose and Reigns to face each other in the opener of Mania with the winner then facing HHH in the Main Event. This entire storyline seems to be solely to get Ambrose over further and is doing nothing for Reigns.

Or they have Ambrose win at Fastlane with Reigns seemingly OK with it, until the end of WM.  Trips can't put down Ambrose and Deano wins, but Trips will be damned if he lets that nut hold the belt. 

. . . And he always has a Plan B. . .

. . . So he allows Roman to invoke his rematch clause--convenient how that's been pushed to the side. . .

. . .and Steph hands Reigns a steel chair. . .

. . .another beatdown, a quick spear and Roman Reigns says bye-bye, little brother as he walks out of Jerryworld with the title and the Authority.

• Like 2

EDIT: Sorry for double post, wanted to keep Bryan stuff separate.

Non Bryan related Raw stuff that was good;

Lesnar- i mentioned (last week i think) that Brock was just another guy on the roster now. I take it all back. The chaos he brings to everything is completely different that anything else that Raw does.

AJ-still over with the crowd and the Y2J feud is interesting.

Ambrose-calling Brock back for a 2nd F5 got a great pop and was a great visual.

Vince-for letting Bryan do his thing and getting very emotional about it.

New Day-everything.

Holy crap, this fucking dust coming through the HVAC vents is killing my eyes.

And NO ONE wants AJ to talk because of the accent and for fear he will say something stupid.

What does that even mean "say something stupid"? Does AJ have a history of saying "stupid" things in promos throughout his career? I'm pretty sure he's not going to start talking about a certain community in his wrestling promos if that's what you're going for there with that little remark. The guy has been a pro for 15+ years I'm pretty sure he can handle a few lines here and there.

Didn't AJ tell his opponent that "him and his life partner should get outta here" in a southern indy like less than six months ago? I know Vince isn't gonna be like "Hey, just go nuts out there, pal. Say whatever comes to your mind" but let's not pretend that AJ has always kept his personal views out of his promos, be it his views on the gay community or his religion.