DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For Feb 17 (Taped 1/22)

RIPPA

Praise be unto Rippa for separating the shows by future air date. I enjoy this show so much more not knowing what's happening.

I wish I had your level of self-control.  This weeks main event would have been SOOOO much better.  

This is really the perfect promotion to give the no spoiler thing a try.  Short episodes, rarely any truly skippable shows etc etc....

I might give it a shot.

I highly recommend it. With no insult meant to the people in the conversations being had about whatever the spoilers have revealed, those conversations are not worth giving up this one little perfect hour of wrestling on TV every week. Not that NXT is perfect, but it's well-written, booked, and wrestled, and there's just nothing else I've found that so perfectly tickles that inner child wrestling fan without insulting the jaded adult's intelligence.

• Like 1

Praise be unto Rippa for separating the shows by future air date. I enjoy this show so much more not knowing what's happening.

I wish I had your level of self-control. This weeks main event would have been SOOOO much better.

This is really the perfect promotion to give the no spoiler thing a try. Short episodes, rarely any truly skippable shows etc etc....

I might give it a shot.

I highly recommend it. With no insult meant to the people in the conversations being had about whatever the spoilers have revealed, those conversations are not worth giving up this one little perfect hour of wrestling on TV every week. Not that NXT is perfect, but it's well-written, booked, and wrestled, and there's just nothing else I've found that so perfectly tickles that inner child wrestling fan without insulting the jaded adult's intelligence.

Personally, I kind of like knowing what's coming up in the next few weeks. It gets me excited about all the awesome stuff that's going to happen. Like, I already know who Sami is facing at Takeover, and I know how it's revealed, but I'm really looking forward to watching the reveal take place.

So, having had who would be facing Finn at the pre-Mania show spoiled for me, I figured I knew how this would end.

Nope.

NXT is so great.

So you only know that and nothing else? Oh boy, are you in for a ride.

I wish I had your level of self-control.  This weeks main event would have been SOOOO much better.  

This is really the perfect promotion to give the no spoiler thing a try.  Short episodes, rarely any truly skippable shows etc etc....

I might give it a shot.

Edit:  Oh yeah, the best part of NXT continues to be SAMOA JOE!  MARCH MADNESS HYPE!!!

I deliberately avoid spoilers on NXT, but I have alot of assholes on my social media timelines.  No one has any problems spoiling the fuck out of tapings as they happen, with pictures and everything.  I fucking hate them for spoiling some of the upcoming stuff.

I loved the hell out of this episode. The opening 8-man tag was fun as hell and Jordan and Cass screaming at each other was one of my favorite wrestling moments this year.

I feel so bad for Bayley because Asuka is going to eat her soul.

That main event. GOTDAYUM. First, that finish took some balls and for me, it worked so well. Second, I'm with everyone else for loving the run Joe is on, but credit goes to Sami for some of the best psychology I've seen in awhile. All of his big moves he struggled with until he used Joe's momentum against him. You don't see nearly enough of that in WWE. Joe though is totally reinvigorated. I hope to hell he stays healthy for a long, long, long time. He is just night and day between who he was in TNA and who he is now. Good for him.

I liked how Joe also made sure to groggily hook sami's far arm with his leg so it was actually kind of a legit crucifix pin, unlike that Shawn-HHH Dusty finish from Raw where IIRC it was judged as a double pin because Shawn fell asleep across a completely motionless HHH.

It does feel a bit like both of the fuck finishes they've done have been relatively straightforward and the obvious thing is that you either have to restart the match or accept it's definitely a draw, but they kind of draw out the "WAIT WHAT JUST HAPPENED" thing artificially long and have everyone develop these really extreme opposing opinions on what should happen

Eager to see whether the forthcoming Schrodinger's 45 Minute Prog Epic is actually entertaining

I popped again for last week's crowd chanting "Eva sucks" after Asuka had made the save, then just going deathly silent when Asuka first turned to look at Bayley; that's your physical charisma right there

Gable and Jordan's new Marty Jannetty singlets were bizarre

The singlets reminded me more of the singlets the Steiner Brothers used to wear. I like it.

I dig the navy and burgundy ones the best:

1e6b738a81de48a1588a8b25cab75b30.jpg

I like to think they wear these on the nights that Jason Jordan picks the singlets, and the new bright ones on the nights that Gable picks them.

I'm totally blown away by the work Asuka is doing.   I'm scared for a lot of these workers in NXT because they are doing such fantastic work in NXT, I'm not sure WWE Creative is going to get or understand and will try to completely re-mold and give them garbage.  Asuka's facial expressions are insane.  And the promos where she cutely taunts Emma and Dana Brooke after their matches are hilarious.  Asuka acts like she likes you because she wants to gut you in your sleep.

Like does Vince McMahon actually get that Finn Balor has one of the most coolest, amazing entrances imaginable?  That Jack the Ripper entrance at TakeOver London was one of the most insane things I've ever seen.  Vince will probably think he should be a vampire.