DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015/16 - Period 2

Dolfan in NYC

To no ones surprise, Scott not one of the choices for mvp

someone on Twitter said that if this was the NBA Scott would be given the MVP, a Kia and a new home for his soon to be born twins. But of course the NHL is run by idiots.

I don't know if people here have ever been to some kind of charity hockey game, but this felt a lot more along those lines than recent attempts to make the All Star game super serious. And frankly it was so much better for it.

The All Star game is supposed to be fun. This weekend was fun. Definitely exceeded expectations. The 3-on-3 format also worked really well.

I don't think Scott has ever scored as devastating a KO as he did on the mic to JR tonight.

By the way...  When did Jeremy Roenick turn into such a catty, passive-aggressive bitch?

"Thanks John. You don't look at all out of place here." 

Happy Birthday to the pride of the Northwest Territories and another one of my all time favorites Geoff Sanderson!!! Him scoring an OT winner vs the ruins at the HCC and taking a shot at moron milburry was among the happiest moments of my childhood. #LLTW

• Like 1

Happy Birthday to the pride of the Northwest Territories and another one of my all time favorites Geoff Sanderson!!! Him scoring an OT winner vs the ruins at the HCC and taking a shot at moron milburry was among the happiest moments of my childhood. #LLTW

Great wheels on that guy.

Great wheels on that guy.

Oh yeah. CVS Line 4 life!!! Fun fact: he scored the last ever playoff goal in Whalers history in the 1992 2-1 ot game 7 defeat at the Forum.

Sean Burke! The first of the tall goalies who didn't suck. A trailblazer, truly.

Ken Dryden and John Davidson dont agree with that statement at all
Eh, I think we all know what I meant. Burke's play ushered in a new era of taller goalies.

20 games for Wideman

Frankly I'm surprised this sort of thing is capped at 20 games.
It's not. There's two categories of offense - one carries 10 games as a minimum, the other 20. Wideman got suspended under the 20-game minimum category.

So Florida pedigreed the fuck out of Detroit last night.  I don't think I've ever seen them playing with this much confidence since '96, and even that team didn't score like this team is.  

Wooo!