DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015/16 - Period 2

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah, if anything now is the time to buy as his value to the Bolts is at its lowest. I'm interested in what the Blues would be willing to part with. There was talk about the Canucks being in on Drouin but we probably don't have the pieces. I'm sure it would start with Horvat but upgrading one young piece for another isn't the direction they should be going (MOAR YOOTZ).

Expectations from Blues fans is we would have to part with Jaskin, maybe even Robby Fabbri

Back to NHL officiating. Wednesday night, Tomas Jurco of Detroit got a well-deserved penalty for crosschecking a St Louis guy into the boards. It wasn't a hard hit and the guy was 10-12 feet from the boards, but definitely a penalty. The BBC announcers lost their minds, calling it a "bad" hit and generally going on for a long time about it. Fine, no problem. Late in the game, Zetterberg for Detroit gets railed into the boards in a similar, but much worse, hit. It was in the offensive zone (not neutral like the other). No penalty. No ranting from the announcers. What the heck? How do you not call that?

If Wideman manages to get off the hook for that hit on the ref last night he's the best worker in NHL history. LOL I think he totally meant to do it because he was pissed at the moment but being "a bit out of it after a hit" is such a good excuse. Genius really.

If Wideman manages to get off the hook for that hit on the ref last night he's the best worker in NHL history. LOL I think he totally meant to do it because he was pissed at the moment but being "a bit out of it after a hit" is such a good excuse. Genius really.

No kidding. Heck, he managed to not even get a penalty for it during the game...

That site has excellent editors. I mean, lots of good content I'm sure is from the mouths of players but there's no way they're all this articulate.

Anyway, it is a good read.

You are almost certainly right but I would bet money that Scott wrote that. It's why I laughed after the Erickson incident when that idiot on Puck Daddy tried to portray him as a dumb Neanderthal. Guy has a legit engineering degree, he's no dummy. When he was in Buffalo he was my favorite Sabre. The league legislating enforcers out of the game is one of the worst things to happen to the sport. Today star players get run with impunity by rats who know they (or their teammates) won't have to pay a price.

The price should be dolled out by the league not a guy forcing them into bare-knuckle fighting on ice.

There are players who are dirty yet do plays technically in the rules. What is your gut instinct every time someone gets physical with the Sedins?

Make better rules. Then actually enforce them.

Look, dirty hits didn't just come into the league the last 5-10 years. Players have been cheap shot artists going way back and think about the liberal stick use back in Richard and Howe's era. Having a knuckledragger isn't a realistic deterrent.