DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015/16 - Period 2

Dolfan in NYC

Glad the Flames dodged the bullet on Reimer.

Looks like the Flames have moved Hudler to Florida for a 2nd and 4th round pick. Not a bad return, for a guy it was obvious the Flames wanted to move. If he had kept up his level of play from last season, he would easily have been worth a 1st. But after his really weak start to this season, I thought the Flames might be lucky to get a 3rd for him. Fortunately he's elevated his play over the last 20 games or so, and I'm glad they could get a 2nd+ for him.

Hudler is exactly the kind of two-way grinder the Panthers need for depth if they're going to make a run. Not to mention he's been there before. I love this move.

I don't know if I'd classify Hudler as a two-way grinder (unless you were being sarcastic and I missed it). He's not bad defensively and not a push-over, but he's not really gritty and definitely more of an offensive player than a defensive one.

It's a bit of a gamble for Florida, in my opinion. If you get the Hudler from last season and parts of this year, then he'll definitely be a useful addition. If you get the Hudler from last year's playoffs and most of this season, then it will have been a waste of assets for Florida. On the positive side, he's been playing well lately, so at least the current trend is in the right direction.

• Like 1

As per @Real_ESPNLeBrun, CAR gets 3rd, 5th (2017) and Anthony Camara for Liles:

I don't mind RF moving what he could at the deadline.    The Canes gained decent prospects in Saarela and Zykov along with picks that we desperately needed:

1st, LAK 1st

2nd, NYR 2nd, 

3rd, WPG 3rd, BOS 3rd, 

4th,

5th, 
6th

I'm pretty pleased with his work as a GM.  If one of Nedeljkovic or Altshuller develops in net, there still some years left until we're better than meh but the future is promising.

McGinn to Ducks for a 3rd that could become a 2nd if they reach conference finals (if it gets bumped to 2nd it would be a 2017 pick as the Ducks don't have a 2nd round pick this year). Murray got good value all things being considered.

Quite surprised the Oilers didn't sell a little more, but I think the clear message is a lot of teams are terrified of the cap right now.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy picking up Patrick Maroon for essentially nothing. He's a mucker, a worker, been a pain in our ass a few games. Somehow Chiarelli tricked Anaheim into paying a quarter of his salary too which makes it even better. Virtually a no-risk move, really.