DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015/16 - Period 2

Dolfan in NYC

Third straight dominant home win for Detroit. They're getting Vezina-level goaltending from Mrazek. Outside of Osgood in the playoffs in 2008, Mrazek is playing better than any Detroit goalie in my lifetime. He's given up like 1 bad goal all year - literally. And he's stolen multiple wins. Gonna be fun having him in the nets for Detroit for a long time.

Third straight dominant home win for Detroit. They're getting Vezina-level goaltending from Mrazek. Outside of Osgood in the playoffs in 2008, Mrazek is playing better than any Detroit goalie in my lifetime. He's given up like 1 bad goal all year - literally. And he's stolen multiple wins. Gonna be fun having him in the nets for Detroit for a long time.

Better than Hašek?

Better than Hašek?
Yep.

Hasek was generally great in Detroit, especially the first Cup year. But...he also was prone to wander and would give up a bad goal now and then. He put up great numbers but he had a ridiculous team in front of him. Probably the best team of the last 15 years.

Mrazek, on the other hand...doesn't. He faces a much higher quality of chance than Hasek did and, well, he doesn't have Nick in front of him for 30 minutes every night. And even with that, he's putting up a .933. Good grief.

At his best Hasek is the greatest goalie who ever lived. If he was on the opposing team had virtually no chance. I know because of the way he left Buffalo some fans don't want to say this but he is the single greatest player to ever put on a Sabres sweater IMO.

At his best Hasek is the greatest goalie who ever lived. If he was on the opposing team had virtually no chance. I know because of the way he left Buffalo some fans don't want to say this but he is the single greatest player to ever put on a Sabres sweater IMO.

Amen to this.

FU to the NHL for sending me a game recap email that I did not sign up for. Because they put the score right at the top, they spoiled the score of the Wings game right as I went to watch it on nhl.tv. Thanks for that, guys. Every day they do something new to take value away from the product I bought.

Kyprios says Stamkos has no chance of ending up in Buffalo so you can pretty much fit him for a Sabres sweater right now. Loved him as a Whaler but he is always Mike Francessa level wrong.

I'm still trying to figure out why Stamkos would leave a team in a state with no tax and sun all year long, to move to a less competitive team that's across the border from his home town, when the team in his home town can break the bank for him.

I'm still trying to figure out why Stamkos would leave a team in a state with no tax and sun all year long, to move to a less competitive team that's across the border from his home town, when the team in his home town can break the bank for him.

Look at the Sabres roster with Eichel, Reinhart, Risto and O'Reilly. Then look at the Toronto roster with ???. Then throw in the Pegulia Bucks, not to mention NYS probably has a more favorable tax code than Ontario.

Look at the Sabres roster with Eichel, Reinhart, Risto and O'Reilly. Then look at the Toronto roster with ???. Then throw in the Pegulia Bucks, not to mention NYS probably has a more favorable tax code than Ontario.

In Ontario US bux are worth 30 percent more so tax codes are a non issue as a 10 million dollar a year payday instantly becomes close to 14 million Canadian.  The people around Toronto talk a big game about Stamkos but I wonder if they would really make that kind of splash or just play out the rebuild

Dumb rule that turned up in the Detroit/Islanders game on Monday. Brock Nelson knocked a puck down with a high stick. When he did, it hit goalie Jimmy Howard, who made a save, and then Nelson knocked in the rebound. The ruling was that Nelson didn't play the puck above his shoulders (he did). They further ruled that, even though Nelson played it above the crossbar, because it hit Howard, it didn't count as being knocked in with a high stick. Basically, it would have been no goal if Howard had jumped out of the way instead of making a save. Because he made a save, the goal counted. That's dumb.