Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2016 & Beyond)


RIPPA
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

The alpha of this goes live in a few days for people that have pre-ordered it off the website. It would be funny if No Man's Sky turns out to be a bust but That Other No Man's Sky turns out to be good. I like that you actually use tools on the machines and it's not just press a button that says FIX MACHINE or something. More games should do that. This video doesn't really show any combat or heavy action but keep in mind it's a pre-alpha sales pitch from December of last year. Looks interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2016 at 11:25 AM, RIPPA said:

 

 

DICE really does not want to make Bad Company 3, do they?

Battlefield 4 had horrible PR thanks to all the bugs.  Hardline just out and out bombed.  

If this game bombs, they'll probably do an American Revolution FPS with musket reloading Quick Time events rather than make Bad Company 3. Hell, if EA ordered them to start work on Bad Company 3 they'd probably just declare bankruptcy instead at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, fuck. 

I thought that Worlds Adrift would shape up to be my Skies of Arcadia replacement, but it is pretty much Planet Nomads with skyships. 

Still an awesome looking game in development, just not what I expected it to be when I first heard about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2016 at 4:18 AM, Jerome Miller said:

 

DICE really does not want to make Bad Company 3, do they?

Battlefield 4 had horrible PR thanks to all the bugs.  Hardline just out and out bombed.  

If this game bombs, they'll probably do an American Revolution FPS with musket reloading Quick Time events rather than make Bad Company 3. Hell, if EA ordered them to start work on Bad Company 3 they'd probably just declare bankruptcy instead at this point.

Star Wars Battlefront surprisingly did really well for them, so I don't think I'd worry about DICE going bankrupt, but they may start dedicating all of their efforts to Star Wars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

How did i not know this was a thing? Looks like it's out October 27 in Japan and at a later date this year for the rest of the world. I would have liked FromSoftware to take a crack at a Berserk game but i wont say no to a musou style game.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, that trailer really shows how passionate the dev team was about it and the game looks great. What makes me worry is when the guy talked about putting in so many features and it make me think of how many games are hampered by feature creep.

I'm hoping it's good though. It looks beautiful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/09/2016 at 10:47 AM, Basara said:

How did i not know this was a thing? Looks like it's out October 27 in Japan and at a later date this year for the rest of the world. I would have liked FromSoftware to take a crack at a Berserk game but i wont say no to a musou style game.

The Berserk game on Dreamcast was a hidden gem. I was a huge fan of the comic and anime way back in the day and saw that it's gotten new life that past few years. I'll definitely be checking this out.

And the series has never been subtle on sexual imagery. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Craig H said:

So, that trailer really shows how passionate the dev team was about it and the game looks great. What makes me worry is when the guy talked about putting in so many features and it make me think of how many games are hampered by feature creep.

I'm hoping it's good though. It looks beautiful.

You have been hurt by No Man's Sky and will never love again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Who says the Japanese aren't playfully self aware of themselves. 

The tentacle porn tease in the beginning along with the MASSIVE THICK HEAVY AND FAR TOO ROUGH~! tagline?  Seriously?

If it helps, the pre-order bonus in Japan is a bathing suit alternate costume for one of the female characters. Because, well, Japan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

The Berserk game on Dreamcast was a hidden gem. I was a huge fan of the comic and anime way back in the day and saw that it's gotten new life that past few years. I'll definitely be checking this out.

And the series has never been subtle on sexual imagery. 

Yeah i loved the Dreamcast game. One of the first games i picked up for that console. I've still got it around here packed away. Never did get to play the PS2 game since it didn't get a UK release so i don't know how well that one fared.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't believe they didn't announce a sequel to Red Dead Redemption.  I can only imagine some crazed fan breaking into the Rockstar Games HQ and holding the staff at gunpoint, demanding to play the alpha and going crazy when Dan Houser reveals they haven't done any work at all on a sequel.

Also, no news of a new singler-player DLC campaign for Grand Theft Auto 5, no news on Bully 2.

 

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RIPPA unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...