DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2016 & Beyond)

RIPPA

22 hours ago, Neil Koch said:

I tried doing it a couple of times, but the lag was so bad that it was unplayable.  I turned off the stuff in the story mode because I got tired of people invading my game and hassling me.

Let me re-phrase that.  I don't know why Watch Dogs has competitive multiplayer.  Co-op multiplayer where you and other people assume the role of a group of DedSec operatives would probably be really fun.

You could even expand that into a GTA Online model where you create and customize a character and your hacker clan can pull off jobs, make money, buy cars, hardware, and property, and generally fight the evil system out to enslave our minds..

On 11/5/2016 at 1:46 PM, twiztor said:

that Diablo Remake as a level in d3 is such a great idea and i can't wait until it goes live.

i couldn't wait for the proper release so i gave in and joined the pre-release test group or whatever they call it.

played and beat it last night. started off decent but i was largely unimpressed. the further i got, the less i liked it. i was playing on Hard, with a brand new character, and i felt it was entirely too easy. took me a good chunk of time to beat it, but around level 9 it becomes incredibly linear and offers next to nothing for exploration. the 'linear' argument was also my main disappointment in Diablo 3.

it was fun enough, but don't set your expectations too high.

What's everyone's thoughts on Resident Evil VII? Cautious optimism? I like that they're finally trying something different with the Hills Have Eyes/Texas Chainsaw by way of Silent Hill 2 vibe I get from the teasers.

I am most definitely too much of a pussy to play it in VR though

On 2016-11-23 at 8:06 AM, RIPPA said:

Season 3 of Telltale's Walking Dead will start on Dec 20

Feb 7, 2017 will be when you can buy the disc (with codes for all subsequent episodes)

I absolutely LOVED Tales From the Boderlands, but the eyeball gag in chapter 2 (if you played it, you KNOW the one) is literally the grossest thing ever in a video game to me and I nearly quit right there. I worry The Walking Dead games have a lot of shit like that in them somewhere so I've never played them.

It's kind of disappoinging their Batman game seems to be getting middling reviews because I am genuinely curious about seeing Batman in this format.

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

I absolutely LOVED Tales From the Boderlands, but the eyeball gag in chapter 2 (if you played it, you KNOW the one) is literally the grossest thing ever in a video game to me and I nearly quit right there. I worry The Walking Dead games have a lot of shit like that in them somewhere so I've never played them

There's at least nothing like that in season 1. Don't blame you for being grossed out - that scene was awful. I would have quit. 

16 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I absolutely LOVED Tales From the Boderlands, but the eyeball gag in chapter 2 (if you played it, you KNOW the one) is literally the grossest thing ever in a video game to me and I nearly quit right there. I worry The Walking Dead games have a lot of shit like that in them somewhere so I've never played them.

It's kind of disappoinging their Batman game seems to be getting middling reviews because I am genuinely curious about seeing Batman in this format.

I'm playing through the Batman game this weekend, and the two episodes I've played so far have been awesome.  I think the story is really interesting (especially if they have the balls to go all the way with it), and this is one of the better takes on the Batman/Catwoman dynamic that I've seen.

I am waiting till all the episodes are out to play it but apparently the latest episode (Episode 4) is the first "bad" chapter in the game so far

And I was far more bothered by a couple of things in The Wolf Among Us than I was by the eyeball in Borderlands

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Bunch of things are being announced during the video game awards tonight.

This includes Telltale announcing they are doing a Guardians of the Galaxy game