DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2016 & Beyond)

RIPPA

17 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

One of the guys in the podcast you mentioned two posts ago thought it was happening, but I'm not sure if it was Colin or not

Them thinking it might be legit is why I thought it would be, people tell those guys everything

Greg Miller listed it in his predictions, but even he said it was more like wishful thinking.

On 9/7/2016 at 1:10 PM, Basara said:

Yeah i loved the Dreamcast game. One of the first games i picked up for that console. I've still got it around here packed away. Never did get to play the PS2 game since it didn't get a UK release so i don't know how well that one fared.

In case you haven't seen, Griffith, Guts, Casca, Judeau and Schierke are all confirmed as playable characters and there are screen shots of battles from basically every arc.

It's okay.  It has a level based structure and is totally different from Redemption.

It has a way better soundtrack though.  They licensed tracks from spaghetti western soundtracks.  Morricone and shit, which makes it one of the best soundtracks in videogame history IMO.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JRGoldman said:

In case you haven't seen, Griffith, Guts, Casca, Judeau and Schierke are all confirmed as playable characters and there are screen shots of battles from basically every arc.

I saw some Zodd footage as well. I remember in the Gundam musou games you could play as pretty much every character from which ever shows they were using at the time.

Amazon are taking pre orders for it in the UK under the title 'Berserk and the Band of the Hawk'. It's £49 right now with no release date. I'm sure the price will come down by the time it's out to the normal £38-40ish range. I think it's the type of game to plummet it price too. I picked up the Arslan musou game for £12 a couple of months after release. These sorts of games don't tend to hold their value here. But this one will probably be a rare day one purchase for me.

Well, it's got a good cast at least. Though why you'd give Conor McGregor so little screen time (and no lines) in the trailer I don't know. Well, here he is anyway:

1 hour ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Also: I'm embarrassed by how badly I want a PSVR.  I won't be getting one unless Taco Bell bestows it upon me, because $500 is about 2 1/2 months of my discretionary "fun" budget, but I find myself way more excited by the possibilities than I want to be.

That's not the only thing Taco Bell will bestow upon you. You got toilet paper?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I hadn't heard of this game before but I love stealth games. Will have to see how the reviews are.

I am frightened.   Every attempt to revitalize the Tenchu franchise or create some spiritual sequel has always gone horribly wrong.