DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2016 & Beyond)

RIPPA

I think this generation's already over and Sony won. You got RDR 2, ME Andromeda, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, God of War, Days Gone, and now The Last of Us Part II all coming.

You even got Japanese games like Ni No Kuni II, Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2, and Yakuza Zero/Yakuza 6.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Remastered coming.

On 12/3/2016 at 2:42 PM, RIPPA said:

Last of Us 2 has officially been announced

Will we actually be able to kill things or will it be a continuous set of plot revealing cutscenes occasionally broken up with brief moments of gameplay?

23 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

I think this generation's already over and Sony won. You got RDR 2, ME Andromeda, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, God of War, Days Gone, and now The Last of Us Part II all coming.

You even got Japanese games like Ni No Kuni II, Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2, and Yakuza Zero/Yakuza 6.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Remastered coming.

It's news to me that XB1 players won't get to play RDR2 or ME: Andromeda, Andrew. 

And don't get me started on the sheer overratedness of The Last of Us that does not exactly have me giddy about a sequel.. 

An emotionally moving, socially groundbreaking, incredibly inspired, and breathtaking title with a combat engine that had no idea that you might want actually to defend yourself from the infected with a proper firearm.

Like shoot them... from a distance... with a gun...

On 12/6/2016 at 9:00 AM, RIPPA said:

Why are you crediting Sony with ME:A and RDR2? Those aren't exclusives.

Sorry, you're right. Turning into a fanboy there.

More than likely, Sony is going to pull a Microsoft last gen and have exclusive DLC for both games (Commander Shepard armor with your pre-order from Gamestop/Amazon/Walmart! Blasto as a squad mate!).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

It's news to me that XB1 players won't get to play RDR2 or ME: Andromeda, Andrew. 

And don't get me started on the sheer overratedness of The Last of Us that does not exactly have me giddy about a sequel.. 

An emotionally moving, socially groundbreaking, incredibly inspired, and breathtaking title with a combat engine that had no idea that you might want actually to defend yourself from the infected with a proper firearm.

Like shoot them... from a distance... with a gun...

Yes, XB1 players will get RDR2 or ME: Andromeda. My mistake.

I managed to Platinum The Last of Us, so....go me? And I liked The Last of Us for whatever reason.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

I'm just saying that since the point of the game is to survive and survival is key to getting to the next plot point, it would be nice if combat and stealth weren't so infuriating. 

Yeah this is sort of the reason I never got far in it. I enjoyed the little I played, but the gameplay actually made things a bit difficult as it seemed to screw me over sort of easily. I want to play it out completely, but I normally get frustrated a little too easily with these things.