DVDVR Message Board

WWE RAW 12/14/15

steve

BAH GAWD KING that Raw was a new low. Vince was terrible and so much pandering.

DEAD CROWD. I think we've finally reached the year where Philly has no idea who Tommy Dreamer is anymore. Most boring "hardcore" match I've ever seen, in every respect.

Major Smackdown 2012 fast forward material with Swagger/everyone else that was in a popcorn match with Swagger.

Women's clusterfuck is awful.

New Day is sickeningly perfect. Damn them for making me tune in every week.

Glad they pulled the trigger on Roman. His chase was the worst. And has there ever been a lamer pop for knocking out Mr. McMahon? Hopefully now he can fail with no excuses and we can all get past this silliness.

I sound miserable but I actually do enjoy watching this. Or at least, I enjoy skipping through the show with my wife, talking to my friends, and listening to the Austin and Cheap Heat podcasts.

May I get you another cup of oil of wormwood?

• Like 1

I still think they could have made this work back in May or June stemming from Reigns getting over vs Brock at Mania. In that scenario, they could have kept him strong for nine months or so and Brock vs Reigns II at Mania where Reigns has to survive Brock would feel more compelling than it will after a couple of months of build. 

If they're going that way. 

If they're not, I'll be perfectly happy to see it at Summerslam. 

• Like 1

BAH GAWD KING that Raw was a new low. Vince was terrible and so much pandering.

DEAD CROWD. I think we've finally reached the year where Philly has no idea who Tommy Dreamer is anymore. Most boring "hardcore" match I've ever seen, in every respect.

Major Smackdown 2012 fast forward material with Swagger/everyone else that was in a popcorn match with Swagger.

Women's clusterfuck is awful.

New Day is sickeningly perfect. Damn them for making me tune in every week.

Glad they pulled the trigger on Roman. His chase was the worst. And has there ever been a lamer pop for knocking out Mr. McMahon? Hopefully now he can fail with no excuses and we can all get past this silliness.

I sound miserable but I actually do enjoy watching this. Or at least, I enjoy skipping through the show with my wife, talking to my friends, and listening to the Austin and Cheap Heat podcasts.

.........there's other wrestling to watch.

I was a near-Gregg-like voice of positivity around here for months recently when everyone else was shitting on the show, so I'm not jumping ship just because I hated an ep that the rest of you somehow enjoyed. I've more than earned it!

And yes, I will be watching the shit out of Lucha Underground in a few weeks.

I might even get a wild hair and fire up some of those ROH's piled up on the DVR over the holidays.

Sociopath Kevin Owens is about to be unleashed on Ambrose and Ziggler.  If they continue to rebuild them, the Wyatts will be monsters in good order.  Neville could take an interesting turn due to his association with Miz. Even League of Nations isn't a lost cause.  Heck, they could easily turn the Usos--the foundation is there.

If they go Reigns-Lesnar, I think they have Lesnar as the de facto heel with Heyman going into full jerk mode.  The same holds true with Cena, because a lot of people will have pitchforks and lanterns ready if he wins a 16th WHC this soon.

I *think* they could have enough pieces in place to have some quality heels in short order.  But we'll see.

Cena will never turn heel but if they wanted to, they could do a Dark Knight Returns (the comic, not the movie) storyline with Cena in the Superman role and Reigns in the Batman role.  See, while the Authority are heels, they are WWE and WWE has given Cena all he has in life.  To Cena, reigns beating up HHH and Vince crosses a line that he can't accept.  The turn would be reminiscent of the Undertaker/Kiss My Ass Club thing.

Wait, people will book Brock if they pair him with Reigns again? I don't watch Raw but I doubt the backing for Reigns was strengthened that much in one night. Paul Heyman can say all the bad things he wants but people aren't booing Brock, particularly the fans at the Rumble and Mania.

Sociopath Kevin Owens is about to be unleashed on Ambrose and Ziggler.  If they continue to rebuild them, the Wyatts will be monsters in good order.  Neville could take an interesting turn due to his association with Miz. Even League of Nations isn't a lost cause.  Heck, they could easily turn the Usos--the foundation is there.

If they go Reigns-Lesnar, I think they have Lesnar as the de facto heel with Heyman going into full jerk mode.  The same holds true with Cena, because a lot of people will have pitchforks and lanterns ready if he wins a 16th WHC this soon.

I *think* they could have enough pieces in place to have some quality heels in short order.  But we'll see.

I typed out why almost none of this works but never mind, lets face it: there is no way the WM match is not against either Cena or Brock. I am not saying either of these won't work but there is a major chance they both end in disastrous crowd reactions for Reigns(or in the case of Cena, the whole match). 

I think the HHH thing for the Rumble works, and you heard it here for the 45th time. Cena wins the Rumble LOL. 

CWPZOxfXAAAdODg.jpg

I've always believed that WWE should emulate the old Jim Crockett Promotions' gimmick of "all the babyfaces run out of the locker room and into the ring to celebrate when a babyface wins a title" .....

...but it shows you how shallow the roster is right now when Dean Ambrose and The Usos are the ones celebrating, it's the equivalent of Reigns celebrating with Sam Houston, the Mulkeys, and Jimmy Garvin instead of Dusty, Nikita, and the Road Warriors.

• Like 1

I typed out why almost none of this works but never mind, lets face it: there is no way the WM match is not against either Cena or Brock. I am not saying either of these won't work but there is a major chance they both end in disastrous crowd reactions for Reigns(or in the case of Cena, the whole match). 

I think the HHH thing for the Rumble works, and you heard it here for the 45th time. Cena wins the Rumble LOL. 

They need to burn off the Sheamus rematch (via WHC clause), and I'm guessing that gets done at RR.  From there to Fastlane, HHH has guys trying to take down Reigns, to no avail.  HHH then decides that if he wants Reigns' head on a platter, he'll do the job himself.  Reigns vs HHH at WM.

Of course, the problem with that is HHH doesn't need to be anywhere a WHC match ever again.

There are some interesting ideas on the table for this angle.  I don't think any of them would be wrong, but which one is 100% right? *shrugs*

Late to the party but I really enjoyed the Roman Reigns/Vince McMahon segment and Sheamus vs. Roman Reigns, only watched it the once but I came away thinking its one of the best TV matches this year. Vince's presence trying to stop Roman Reigns from winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship so added to the match.